Combining enthalpy equations to find combustion of magnesium

  • Thread starter Thread starter intellekt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Algebra Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 9K views
intellekt
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am stuck on this one question for a lab analysis I am doing. I missed the class where the teacher explained this and a lot more stuff. I also recall a question like this on a test I wrote on friday:smile:

Anyway here it is:

Algebraically combine equations (2), (3), and (4) and their corresponding [Change in Enthalpy] values, to get (1) and [Change in Enthalpy] of combustion of magnesium.

I just need to know how to do it, I can plug in the values after right?

Let me know! thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you learned about Hess's Law?
"[URL
Your question requires a direct application of Hess's Law.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I have learned Hess' law but I'm still unsure...

So do I change the signs then add them together to get the enthalpy of equation 1?
 
Last edited: