Combustion Chemistry: Meaning of OH, H2O2 in Combustion

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Auteng
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
What is the meaning of the appearance of the following species in a combustion:

-OH

-H2O2
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
thousands of reactions occur in the combustion...
I want to know what is the meaning of the appearance of each species...:smile:
 
I don't understand your question. If it appears in the combustion reaction, it is being formed. Why should there be a meaning associated with that ?
If it appears in a textbook or in an article, you might help us assist you by quoting some more context.
OH- is usually a negatively charged radical. ##\ ## -OH can mean a lot of things, including OH-
H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide. -H2O2 could be a doubly negative radical H2O22-
 
No, not meaning like that
For example appearance of CH2O shows cool flame...
 
I see. You want to know what causes the formation of OH- and/or H2O22- ( or just H2O2 ?) in a flame !
A bit like http://www.icders.org/ICDERS2011/PapersICDERS2011/ICDERS2011-0328.pdf ?