Commutative property of numbers and uncertainity

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter madah12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Numbers Property
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
madah12
Messages
326
Reaction score
1
when solving physics problems we have to do various calculation to find a quantity but the results are different if we round up in every operation than if we round up in only the final operation? I never cared before but sometimes I see big differences especially when dealing with numbers with only 1 significant figures.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
madah12 said:
when solving physics problems we have to do various calculation to find a quantity but the results are different if we round up in every operation than if we round up in only the final operation? I never cared before but sometimes I see big differences especially when dealing with numbers with only 1 significant figures.
You're right. It is always more accurate to round at the end only.