Comparative analysis of historical events (1600-1900)

• Thread starter WhoWee
  • Start date
WhoWee
I would like to see a detailed comparative analysis of specific historical events from the 1600"s, 1700's, and 1800's over 25 year intervals. Does anyone know of such a study?

Answers and Replies

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

I would like to see a detailed comparative analysis of specific historical events from the 1600"s, 1700's, and 1800's over 25 year intervals. Does anyone know of such a study?
European, Asia, US, West Hemisphere, World?

Evo
Mentor

Comparative analysis of what?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
There is a volume that may have what one describes with some sort of linear history of events over the last 3 millenia or so, with more detail in the 6 or 8 centuries, and has parallel lines from Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. I have copies of pages stored somewhere. The title is something like "The Encyclopedia of Man" (or Mankind) or the Encyclopedia of Knowledge.

It was published in England.

WhoWee

Comparative analysis of what?

I've read a few (rather biased) papers regarding the "evolution" of historical facts. However, I've never taken the time to gather history texts regarding the same events together to make a comparison.

To respond to Astronuc, I don't think the place matters as much as the time frame. The original discussion was US History (in the other thread regarding schoolbooks).

Suggested for: Comparative analysis of historical events (1600-1900)

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post