Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Comparative analysis of historical events (1600-1900)

1. Mar 15, 2010 #1
    I would like to see a detailed comparative analysis of specific historical events from the 1600"s, 1700's, and 1800's over 25 year intervals. Does anyone know of such a study?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2010 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Re: Re-writing history schoolbooks

European, Asia, US, West Hemisphere, World?

4. Mar 16, 2010 #3

Evo

Comparative analysis of what?

5. Mar 16, 2010 #4

Astronuc

There is a volume that may have what one describes with some sort of linear history of events over the last 3 millenia or so, with more detail in the 6 or 8 centuries, and has parallel lines from Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. I have copies of pages stored somewhere. The title is something like "The Encyclopedia of Man" (or Mankind) or the Encyclopedia of Knowledge.

It was published in England.

6. Mar 16, 2010 #5

I've read a few (rather biased) papers regarding the "evolution" of historical facts. However, I've never taken the time to gather history texts regarding the same events together to make a comparison.

To respond to Astronuc, I don't think the place matters as much as the time frame. The original discussion was US History (in the other thread regarding schoolbooks).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook