1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Compete in the qualifying tests this year

1. Jan 3, 2012 #1
    Hi, I'm 15 years old and from Canberra, Australia. I want to compete in the qualifying tests this year (2012) then go to Monash Uni for summer school, then hopefully make the cut and go to IPhO. I'm currently studying Calculus (Derivatives and integrals). I'm not far in compared to some people competing (all the year 12's) but I think by the time of August I can manage to do my part in studying maths and physics, and at least get some experience (for future qualifications).
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some books, online lectures and so on..
    If you want a more grasp of my level, I've done projectile motion in physics, obviously as I said before some calculus, and I'm studying at ANU every Friday for maths (if not enough please ask and I'll provide the information). If you would like to recommend anything that is totally fine :)

Thanks,
    Charles.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2012 #2
    Re: IPhO

Here's the syllabus:
    http://ipho.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/syllabus.html [Broken]

It looks like any standard freshman physics textbook will suffice.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Jan 3, 2012 #3
    Re: IPhO

*Googles definition of Syllabus then questions intelligence* :P
    haha thanks man really appreciated it :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook