1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Completing equilibrium table for [Ba] and [IO3]

1. Mar 31, 2012 #1
    1. I have created 5 mixtures in lab and from these mixtures I am suppose to complete the equilibrium tables. I have already found most of the data via calculations such as the absorbency and the concentration of IO3- (which is the one known concentration on the equilibrium chart) I am just curious as of how to find the rest of the chart, such as the change in concentration of Ba2+ and it's equilibrium

2.(see attached pictures)

3. If you look at the pictures I have attached I found out the equilibrium of IO3 and the change in IO3, I know in order to find the other two blank boxes I must take in account that there is a 2:1 ratio between IO3 and Ba2+. I'm not sure if I should divide the change of IO3 by 2 or take the square root of it in order to find the change in Ba2+. Any help is appreciated. I have 5 mixtures to do but if I am able to find out how to do this one I can do the rest on my own.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, not knowing what was the experimental procedure it is hard to answer. It is all about mass balance and reaction stoichiometry.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook