New data from NASA's Cosmic Background Explorer (COBE), the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP), and Planck have found evidence that the composition of the universe: Matter - 4.9 % Dark Matter - 26.8 % Dark Energy - 68.3 % These numbers seem almost too coincidental to numbers that come from various calculations with π: The above numbers (I'm sure there are more exact figures but this is the best I found) means that 31.7% of the universe if made up of Matter and Dark Matter. If you take the universe as 1 and divide it by π, you get right at the total percent of matter/dark-matter above (once again, particularly given the rough percentages) 1 / π = 0.318 The above percent ( 31.8% ) leaves 68.2 %, which is right at the total percent of dark energy in the universe ( 68.3% ). Is there anything to this? It just seems too coincidental that dividing 1 by π gives you the latest, most accurate totals found by COBE, WAMP, and Planck for the amount of Matter/Dark-Matter in the Universe and the amount of dark energy in the universe from the remainder of 100%. I had noticed the numbers were close previously but far enough off to forget about, but this new data puts these composition percentages DEAD ON.