1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conerned about transcripts and career.

1. Apr 25, 2012 #1
    Hello, I was a first time college freshman majoring in electrical engineering back in 2004. At the same time as my freshman year my family went through a foreclosure. I took on a full time job to help redeem the property and was placed on academic probation because I failed every class without dropping. I appealed my academic probation status and was allowed to continue the next semster but still ended up failing my classes. I was then dismissed from the university. After the situation at home was fixed I ended up saving money so that I could pay for tuition out of pocket, retook all the classes I failed and Aced them all. I’m now a junior with a 3.6 GPA but wanted to know if I am wasting my time pursuing my degree because of my bad freshman year and dismissal (especially because of the competative field) or will I be able to get a decent job after I graduate? Also, will I be eligible for any internships my senior year?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2012 #2
    I don't think anyone will care about your ancient history.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook