Conferences on Genetic Algorithms: Find Here!

• Thread starter bilucent
  • Start date
In summary, the author suggests looking for international conferences or professional societies which list upcoming conferences in their subject of study. If you are an undergraduate student, present a paper at a "domestic" conference to improve your chances of being accepted to a good university.
bilucent
conferences where!?

pls help if you know a way for participating in a conferance,my essay is nearly abut genetic algorithms,if there is a special site for upcomming conferances,manual searches did not help,thanx previously

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you ask faculty at your university for advice?

Ofcourse,but they gave me some information about domestic conferences,which are not appropriate.
I have found some,but they are very inorganized,I mean I wanted to know if there is an official way for find and choose a conference which is held in the world ,in near future,or I should rely on google searches!
thanks alot

bilucent said:
my essay is nearly abut genetic algorithms

"Essay"?

"Nearly" about?

bilucent said:
if there is a special site for upcomming conferances

International conferences? (What locality is "local" for you? Just curious why you find local conferences so objectionable.)

I don't know of any searchable websites which list international conferences in all areas, but professional societies often list upcoming conferences in their subject of study. Check recent issues of journals analogous to Notices of the American Mathematical Society at your local research library.

Other than that, Googling plus persistence should help.

bilucent said:
pls help if you know a way for participating in a conferance,my essay is nearly abut genetic algorithms,if there is a special site for upcomming conferances,manual searches did not help,thanx previously
Perhaps if you posted the abstract here, someone may have a suggestion.

locally,I mean the conferences which are held in my country,a domestic conference which is not really evaluated.
I want to examine my chance for competing on international conferences,because I need its approvation for applying to a good unversity.
its not totally finished,but the general aspect is about "biocomputing"
Its about an analyse of how intelligent "ant colonies" treat each other to find a most feasible solution to an emprical problem,with too many iterations,and which of them performs better than others.

I've never seen a talk at a conference by anyone who hasn't, at least, achieved a first-degree.

And, once, more you haven't specified your country.

Good luck tho' :smile:

bilucent said:
locally,I mean the conferences which are held in my country,a domestic conference which is not really evaluated.
I don't really understand what you mean by this.
I want to examine my chance for competing on international conferences,because I need its approvation for applying to a good unversity.
What level of study are you at? Are you currently an undergraduate student looking to apply to grad school? If so, and that's what it sounds like, then if you present a paper at a "domestic" conference I'm sure it will help you massively in applications-- it doesn't need to be an international conference. The other possibility is that you are already a grad student, but this seems unlikely. Why don't you follow the advice of members of your faculty. Perhaps they have told you about these conferences in your own country for a reason-- they may be more suitable to your work than any others, for example.

actually I`m ungrad,or better saying nearly graduated with lttle units left.
I live in Iran,I had some mailings with some universities in sweden and U.S,and gathering information about the way they choose new students.
I`ve found out that such kind of work in ungrad level may help to get a good admission from a better unversity.

and I should add that its a group work,one in BS,and one in MS

I'd first probably give your presentation in whatever colloquium format your department (at your university) uses.

ie. Speak to your supervisor and arrange to give the talk to your peers.

As examples for reference to conferences: http://www.siam.org/meetings/calendar.php and http://www.ametsoc.org/meet/meetinfo.html

Related to Conferences on Genetic Algorithms: Find Here!

1. What are the benefits of attending conferences on genetic algorithms?

Attending conferences on genetic algorithms allows scientists to stay updated on the latest research and developments in the field. It also provides opportunities for networking and collaboration with other scientists and industry professionals. Additionally, conferences often feature workshops and tutorials to enhance knowledge and skills in genetic algorithms.

2. How can I submit my research to be presented at a conference on genetic algorithms?

Most conferences have a submission process through their website where scientists can submit their research abstracts or papers. These submissions are then reviewed by a panel of experts before being accepted for presentation at the conference.

3. Are there any specific guidelines for presenting at a conference on genetic algorithms?

Each conference may have their own specific guidelines for presentations, but in general, it is important to have a clear and concise presentation that highlights the key findings of your research. It is also recommended to have visual aids such as slides or posters to enhance the presentation.

4. Can I attend a conference on genetic algorithms even if I am not presenting my research?

Yes, conferences on genetic algorithms are open to all scientists, researchers, and industry professionals interested in the field, even if they are not presenting their own research. Attending these conferences can still provide valuable insights and networking opportunities.

5. Are there any virtual options for attending conferences on genetic algorithms?

Due to the current global pandemic, many conferences on genetic algorithms have shifted to virtual formats. This allows for scientists from all over the world to attend and present their research without the need for travel. However, some conferences may offer both in-person and virtual options for attendance.