Console commands for Crysis 2 to display FPS?

• Thread starter FishmanGeertz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fps
In summary, the first Crysis had a command to display your framerate, but Crysis 2 does not have this command. Instead, you can run the game very smoothly on the "extreme" preset on 1920x1080 with no noticeable slowdowns using Two HD 5870's in CF. There is a graphical glitch where bright lights in the game (including the sun) are constantly flickering. What could be causing this?
FishmanGeertz
I remember the command for the first Crysis being r_displayinfo=1

But what do I type into the console to display my framerate in Crysis 2? I bought the full game from best buy yesterday.

I can run the game very smoothly on the "extreme" preset on 1920x1080 with no noticeable slowdowns. I have Two HD 5870's in CF. Crysis 2 is much easier to run than the first Crysis.

Off-topic, but there is a graphical glitch where bright lights in the game (including the sun) are constantly flickering. What could be causing this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
FishmanGeertz said:
I remember the command for the first Crysis being r_displayinfo=1

But what do I type into the console to display my framerate in Crysis 2? I bought the full game from best buy yesterday.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=crysis+2+console+commands
I can run the game very smoothly on the "extreme" preset on 1920x1080 with no noticeable slowdowns. I have Two HD 5870's in CF. Crysis 2 is much easier to run than the first Crysis.

OK, we get it, you have a nice computer. We got that from your first thread.
Off-topic, but there is a graphical glitch where bright lights in the game (including the sun) are constantly flickering. What could be causing this?

Before I post another lmgtfy, Google is your friend.

FishmanGeertz said:

Well I can't help you with the FPS command, seems they have disabled it in the final version of the game. But also you are using dual video cards to run it smooth like that? I say it was a waste of money, I am running the game on all Extreme settings including 4xMSAA and 16xAnIso and getting completely smooth gameplay.

My setup is nothing new, its a Core 2 Duo 3.0, 4gig 1333 DDR3 ram, GeForce 260 GTX 896mb, Win XP SP3.
What I do to optimize my games and performance is this (take note):
-created a partition for Windows (C:\ drive)
-created a separate partition for games to install (D:\ drive)
-created a small 3gb partition at the start of the physical disk (G:\ drive), using Partition Magic.
-C:\ drive has a static page file (minimum & maximum size is the same) of 4gigs
-G:\ drive has a static page file of 3gig (the whole partition) for extra page memory
-D:\ drive (games drive) is defragmented with O&O Defrag, it has a method called "Complete\Name" deframenting, which re-arranges all files and folders alphabetically, which means every file of the game is side-by-side for fastest possible access

I think that's about it. I disable all useless things running in Windows background, disable any services running which don't have to (like itunes background programs, any antivirus, firewall, etc), make it so those need to be turned on manually because they all waste memory in Windows and makes games have less.

I can still run all current games on absolute maximum settings, smooth, and my system is basically 3 years old, and graphics card is i think 2 years old :)

Now why did you make this original post on a physics board and not some gaming forum? hah. and i registered just to reply you this ;p

Console Commands for Crysis 2 to Display FPS

Crysis 2 is a popular first-person shooter game, and players often want to monitor their in-game performance, including the frames per second (FPS). Here are some common questions regarding console commands to display FPS in Crysis 2:

Q1: How Can I Display FPS in Crysis 2?

You can display FPS in Crysis 2 by accessing the in-game console and using the "r_displayinfo" command. Follow these steps:

1. Start Crysis 2.
  2. While in the game, press the tilde key (~) on your keyboard to open the console.
  3. Type "r_displayinfo 1" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  4. You should now see an on-screen display that includes FPS and other performance information.
You can toggle the display on and off by repeating the command with "0" instead of "1" (e.g., "r_displayinfo 0").

Q2: Are There Other Console Commands for Monitoring Performance?

Yes, Crysis 2 provides various console commands to monitor performance. Some useful commands include:

• **r_DisplayInfo:** Displays general performance information, including FPS, CPU usage, and memory usage.
  • **r_stats:** Shows a detailed performance overlay with information such as frame times and GPU usage.
  • **r_FPS:** Displays FPS without additional information.
You can experiment with these commands to find the performance information that suits your needs.

Q3: Can Displaying FPS Affect Game Performance?

Displaying FPS using console commands typically has a minimal impact on game performance. However, keep in mind that Crysis 2's performance can be affected by various factors, including graphics settings and hardware capabilities. If you notice significant performance issues, it's essential to adjust your graphics settings accordingly.

Q4: How Can I Improve FPS in Crysis 2?

If you want to improve your FPS in Crysis 2, consider the following tips:

• **Lower Graphics Settings:** Reduce in-game graphics settings for improved performance.
  • **Update Graphics Drivers:** Ensure your graphics card drivers are up to date.
  • **Close Background Applications:** Close unnecessary background applications that may consume system resources.
  • **Optimize Hardware:** Ensure that your hardware meets or exceeds the game's system requirements.
Optimizing your game settings and hardware can lead to a smoother gaming experience.

In summary, you can use console commands in Crysis 2 to display FPS and monitor performance. The "r_displayinfo" command is commonly used for this purpose. Displaying FPS typically has a minimal impact on game performance. If you want to improve FPS, consider adjusting graphics settings and optimizing your hardware.