Horrible graphical glitch in Crysis 2

• Thread starter FishmanGeertz
  • Start date
In summary: Some experts say that going outside and riding your bike for an hour will fix the problem. :wink:I wonder when EA and Crytek will make an official statement about this issue. Apparently almost everyone with multiple GPU setups are having it. Perhaps they will release a patch solving this issue.
FishmanGeertz
I have the full Crysis 2 game (not the demo,) and there is a very severe graphical glitch all light sources including the sun, street lights, subway lights and so forth, constantly flicker. Maps where there is a lot of light are practically unplayable. Everything is rapidly flickering, this is extremely annoying and I don't know what to do. I want to play Crysis 2 multiplayer but it is extremely difficult to do so because of this horrible problem.

Could this have something to do with my graphics cards? I have Two HD 5870's in CF (I'm not sure what drivers I'm using.) It gets MUCH worse when I turn vsync off. I've read on other forums that many other people are having this same problem.

What do you think could be causing this problem? I want to fix this so I can actually ENJOY this game I've been anxiously waiting more than a year for. If I do fix this issue, I'll give the game another play-through so I can actually enjoy it this time. I hope someone brings this to the attention of CryTek/EA and maybe they'll release a quickfix patch to solve this issue.

The game is almost unplayable because of this. I am very disappointed.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried adjusting the graphical quality of the lighting? If you turned it down so it uses a more simplified lighting model, the flickering might go away.

Mech_Engineer said:
Have you tried adjusting the graphical quality of the lighting? If you turned it down so it uses a more simplified lighting model, the flickering might go away.

Apparently I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21447724

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/312585-33-hd5770-flickering-issues-crysis

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/crysis-2-still-flickering--/1192276

As of the moment, the only way to fix it is to either disable crossfire or SLI, or run it in windowed mode. But I kind of want to run it full-screen and playably max it out using CF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some experts say that going outside and riding your bike for an hour will fix the problem. :wink:

I wonder when EA and Crytek will make an official statement about this issue. Apparently almost everyone with multiple GPU setups are having it. Perhaps they will release a patch solving this issue.

Off-topic but what are the latest ATI HD 5870 crossfire drivers?

DaveC426913 said:
Some experts say that going outside and riding your bike for an hour will fix the problem. :wink:

Ah, but you see, he is riding a stationary bike whilst playing!

Energystrom said:
Ah, but you see, he is riding a stationary bike whilst playing!
...under a sun lamp. Can't forget the sun lamp...

Sorry Fishman. I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming now.

What is causing the "Horrible graphical glitch" in Crysis 2?

The "Horrible graphical glitch" in Crysis 2 is most likely caused by a software or hardware issue. It could be a bug in the game itself, outdated graphics drivers, or a malfunctioning graphics card.

How can I fix the "Horrible graphical glitch" in Crysis 2?

First, try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the graphics settings in the game. If the issue persists, it may be a hardware issue and you may need to replace your graphics card or seek professional help.

Is the "Horrible graphical glitch" a common problem in Crysis 2?

While not a widespread issue, the "Horrible graphical glitch" has been reported by some players in Crysis 2. It is important to check for updates and ensure your hardware meets the minimum requirements for the game to avoid such issues.

Can I prevent the "Horrible graphical glitch" from happening again in Crysis 2?

To prevent the "Horrible graphical glitch" from happening again, make sure to regularly update your graphics drivers and keep your hardware up to date. It may also help to lower the graphics settings in the game to reduce strain on your system.

Will the "Horrible graphical glitch" affect my gameplay experience in Crysis 2?

The "Horrible graphical glitch" can be a nuisance and may affect the overall visual quality of the game. However, it should not significantly impact gameplay unless it is a more serious hardware issue. If it becomes too disruptive, it is best to seek a solution or contact the game's support team for assistance.