1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Constant acceleration from X vs. T on logger pro

1. Sep 12, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have a conceptual problem that involves logger pro. Unfortunately, I do not have access to logger pro. Here it is: Suppose you have used a motion detector to collect data for an object that is moving with constant acceleration. Describe how to use LoggerPro to determine the value of the acceleration of the object from a position vs. time graph

2. Relevant equations
    None

3. The attempt at a solution

I believe you just take the slope of the tangent line at a point on a position vs. time graph to find the acceleration at that point. I'm not confident in my answer because I do not reference loggerpro at all. Is there another or more correct way. I downloaded the loggerpro 3 demo but I have limited access and cannot graph motion with constant acceleration without sensors. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps there is a slope of the tangent line function in the software?
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2009 #2
    Would that not give the velocity rather than the acceleration?

4. Sep 13, 2009 #3
    Yes it would. I realized that I made that error after I left the computer. So, I'm guessing you could calculate the change of the slope of the tangent line.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook