1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Constructing a Table. (Radioactivity)

1. Feb 20, 2008 #1
    NOTE: This is not homework, but if you feel it is in the wrong forum then move it. I didn't know a better forum that it could go in.

I want to construct a table of results (minus the results for now) that is related to how the count rate on a geiger muller counter varies with distance with a radioactive isotope. I would appreciate some suggestions of table headings. Here are a few I have already come up with, any thing you think I could add?

Distance/cm
    Count Rate (or activity)
    Background Count
    Corrected Count rate

I would like to incorporate the inverse square law, but I am unsure how to do so. I want to measure the intensity or see how it varies. Would that just be [tex]\frac{1}{d^2}[/tex]

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2008 #2

pam

Have a column of d^2 times Intensity. Test if its entries are constant for varying d.

4. Mar 23, 2008 #3
    thanx

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook