Contacting a Professor Regarding Possible Schedule

• Thread starter gocubs
  • Start date
I'm a math major who was accepted into two schools for transfer admission. One school is near my home, so I've spent a lot of time talking with the head of the undergraduate program about the courses I'd take if I went there. The other school is in a different state, though, so I haven't been able to visit.

What is the most appropriate way to contact the head of the undergraduate program there? Should I introduce myself with a short email and then send a longer one with all of my information (classes, grades, research experience) in another email when he responds? Or, should I write everything relevant about me in one email? Also, should I include the list of courses I'd take at my current school if I stayed another year and the courses I'd take at the other school? I think this information might help because, due to a lot of independent study, they're more indicative of where I'm at in math than the courses I've taken.

Answers and Replies

First, look at the school's website to make sure you aren't asking any questions that can be answered by a quick search. (My school has a program you can use to see what transfer credit you'll get from class X at college Y.)

One email would probably suffice. They should already have your transcript if you've applied/been accepted, too.