Content transfer between smartphones

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of transferring data, such as contacts, text messages, photos, notes, and music, from an old iPhone 5S to a new LG G6. The individual has successfully synced their contacts via Gmail, but is seeking advice on how to transfer the other types of data. The conversation suggests using third-party apps like CopyMyData or Tunesbro to transfer contacts, and emailing data to oneself as an alternative. Additional guides and tutorials from Google are also mentioned as potential resources for transferring data between Android and iPhone.
kiddnetu
My old iPhone 5S is retiring. Today got my new LG G6. I am able to sync the contacts to G6 via Gmail. My question is how to transfer text messages, photos, notes and music from iPhone to G6? There are about 70G of data.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Only got text messages transferred via LG Bridge. Photos and music were stuck on the 70% when using the app.

jedishrfu said:

As far as i know, it depends on which type of file you want to move, I know move to ios, and other solution and tools
Apple’s official mail app supports iCloud, Microsoft exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and Outlook, so if you use one of those services, linking up your email account is pretty straightforward. For contacts, you can use an app like copymy data, Tunesbro and more. (free, iOS, Android)

Likes kiddnetu
Thanks for the advice. I will give a try on the apps you recommended.

Oamsery said:
As far as i know, it depends on which type of file you want to move, I know move to ios, and other solution and tools
Apple’s official mail app supports iCloud, Microsoft exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and Outlook, so if you use one of those services, linking up your email account is pretty straightforward. For contacts, you can use an app like copymy data, Tunesbro and more. (free, iOS, Android)

alternative, you can also try move to ios to copy data between android and iphone.
https://www.imore.com/how-switch-from-android-iphone-ipad

https://www.tunesbro.com/transfer-data-between-android-and-iphone.html#part3

At least for some of them you can E-mail them to yourself then download to the new device. Not as convenient as the apps but functional.

Tom.J said:
In fact, it is an easy way , but i do not think it is an effective way ,
These are some tutorials about transfer that i got on Google .

Oamsery said:
alternative, you can also try move to ios to copy data between android and iphone.[/ QUOTE]

These third-party tools are not sure they can help us , transferring data from Android and iPhone is not as simple as transfer data from Android to Android

1. How can I transfer my data from one smartphone to another?

There are various methods for transferring content between smartphones. You can use cloud services like Google Drive or iCloud, transfer via Bluetooth, or use a USB cable to connect the two devices and transfer the data manually. Additionally, many smartphone manufacturers offer their own transfer tools and apps that make the process easier.

2. Can I transfer all types of content between smartphones?

It depends on the method you are using for the transfer. With cloud services or a USB cable, you can transfer almost all types of content, including contacts, photos, videos, and apps. However, some apps or data may not be compatible with the new device and may not transfer successfully.

3. Is it possible to transfer data between different operating systems?

Yes, it is possible to transfer data between different operating systems, but the process may be more complicated. Some methods like using a USB cable may not work between different systems, so it is best to use a cloud service or transfer tool provided by the smartphone manufacturers.

4. How long does it take to transfer data between smartphones?

The time it takes to transfer data between smartphones depends on several factors, such as the amount of data being transferred, the method of transfer, and the speed of your internet connection. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.

5. Do I need to back up my data before transferring it to a new smartphone?

It is always recommended to back up your data before transferring it to a new smartphone. This ensures that your data is safe and can be easily restored in case of any issues during the transfer process. Additionally, some methods may require you to have a backup of your data before initiating the transfer.