Controversial subject of Time Travel

• Thread starter ElectrikRipple
  • Start date

ElectrikRipple

lol mouseman
P.J.

ElectrikRipple, by necessity you would not interact with your electromagnetic environment while you were violating relativity's light speed limit (c) during time travel. (This is accomplished on the microscopic scale through the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.) Photons are what we use to define spacetime and interact with E-M physical reality, according to Einstein's special theory of relativity.

ElectrikRipple

hm
P.J.

elephant

Originally posted by ElectrikRipple
now we all know that time travel is a very controversial subject. I believe that it is possible and am actually writing a research paper on it. I have a theory, however, that if you did travel into the future you could never see yourself or interact with yourself. If you went into the future than you would not exist in the future until you returned back to your present. Therefore, you cannot ever interact with yourself in the future. The End. I would love for people to email me to discuss time travel and other things so feel free to respond to this thread and email me at shakastar@cool-ideaz.com
P.J.
What would happen if I were to travel forward 24 hours from time A to time B. Upon my arrival, I sat in my lounge for 10 minutes, then returned to time A. After I return, I sit in my lounge room, and wait the 24 hours, until time B is realised.

I was already in my lounge room at time B, because I travelled 24 hours forward. And I am now, at time B, in my lounge room. Therefore, i can see no reason that I would not see myself appear (wonder what that would be like), sit there for five minutes, and the leave. I must see this, as I have already done it. In my FoR, it is history.

When you arrived 24hrs in the future you would have seen your other self sitting in the chair. When you went back and waited for the 24hrs to elapse, sure enough, you would appear in front of you and sit down and exactly the same things you remember happening in your time jaunt would happen, only this time you would see it from the other perspective.

Raavin

ElectrikRipple

hmm not so sure. If you traveled into the future than u would not be in the sititng in ur lounge or whatever. How could u be sitting there then if u were already in the future becuase how can u be in the future if u left the present? u cant. And if u got back and waited there for urself u couldnt. weve all heard of the multiverse theory right? well i believe that each "universe" involved in this multiverse is at a different point on the "time line." make since? so if u were to go to the past u would never see urself because there is only one of u in the universe that ur in. does this make since? or am i smoking my lunch? let me know what u think.
P.J.

first we should think....
our future now is already happened??
if yes....that mean what happen now is sure will happen...
because the ending is already have....
i can't imagine this thing actually
but if our future is uncertainly....
that mean the world is now time travel
because how can we go to the space is uncertainly
u know what i mean??

ElectrikRipple

um no
P.J.

mouseman

Originally posted by ElectrikRipple
um no
P.J.
Don't do that man. It's obvious English isn't his first language, so just ask him to rephrase what he means. Better yet I'll tell you...

He's saying that if our future already happened, then "right now" is already pre-determined because it's already happened in that future reality. Then he says he can't picture that being the case. But now I'm not sure what he's getting at... newton1, do you mean that if our future is uncertain that we can't travel through time?

ElectrikRipple

oh no no no i wasnt meaning it meanly im sry if it came off that way newton. that was not my intention at all i assure u. i would like to kno what u mean though.
P.J.

DrChinese

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am predicting there will be time travel tonight at 2:00am. Most of the United States will be affected.

actually......i say
if the future is unknown
that mean that space and times is still uncertainly
so....how can the time travel go to the uncertainly space time
i think the time travel can do is only review the history

holycow1

hmm

a. Time does not pass at the speed of light. You need more Einstein. I think it's the Special Theory of Relativity that explains this.

b. G force only applies to places that have gravity. Ever see astronaust eating?

There was an article on the theories of time travel in popular science. Basically, the article explained that if many "what-ifs" were true and wormholes and other things existed, time travel is possible.

But it's a long shot.