Convergence of Infinite Series with Increasing Denominators

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter pixel01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Series
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
pixel01
Messages
688
Reaction score
1
S=1/2+1/(2*4)+1/(2*4*6)...+1/(2*4*6..2n)+...

I want to calculate the sum of this series, but it seems not to converge.
Can anyone help me

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It does converge, the sum is[tex]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty} \frac{1}{n!2^n}[/tex]

which is a well known series (what Taylor series do you know?).
 
Thank you, yes it does converge. Could you please tell me how to calculate the sum.
I should revise some old maths books.
 
He did tell you how to calculate the sum:
matt grime said:
which is a well known series (what Taylor series do you know?).
 
I found it myself. The Taylor expansion of e^x at 1/2. Thanks.