Converting 10,000 pounds vertical thrust to 50-100 RPM shaft torque

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
ENRG
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
QUESTION: Thank you for assisting a non engineer with a problem.
10,000 pounds of thrust is moving in a vertical path at the rate of one foot per
second.

This is attached to a horizontal shaft (size not determined) by what ever means
necessary to transfer the maximum energy.

What is the maximum foot pounds the shaft can deliver (by whatever combination
of gears or other devices) if the desired RPM is between 50 and 100 RPM.

What combination of gears or other devices would be needed
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I wish I could understand your problem set up, but I can't see it. Can you shed a little more details of the set up?
 
That's what prevented me from responding before, as well. The question leaves far too many variables to be meaningful.