Conway's Game of Life in Real Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game Life
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
24,696
Reaction score
9,099
Game of Life

20240127_131552.jpg

Playing out in rainwater on my door screen...
20240127_131520.jpg


Appears to be using highly permissive life/death parameters tho...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Arjan82, Borg and phinds
Physics news on Phys.org
That's probably not the right way to screen for pathogens.
 
Now I'm wondering how hard it would be to build a mechanical CGoL setup*.*impossible**

**unless I limit the arena to something shy of infinite in extent
 
Would "mechanical" include material interactions?
They might be combined in interesting, very finely resolved geometries.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Now I'm wondering how hard it would be to build a mechanical CGoL setup*.
I've seen a video of it done with plates on a tiled floor. It was all still frames and human run between the scenes, though.