Could human intestinal gas from beans be used as an energy source?

  • Thread starter Thread starter timejim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas Power Source
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
timejim
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
I think we have a wasted source of power on Earth. a lot of beans are eaten around the world everyday. How about trying to harness the gas emitted by bean eaters. I mean, have like a collection center where people can go and give off their gas and get paid for it based on volume. etc. Just a thought.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
trolling doesn't work too well on these boards... we just ignore them.
 
On a serious note, there are some recent efforts to convert waste gas into energy. Some companies/industries that generate organic waste streams are capturing the methane offgas and burning it to provide electricity for their facility...sometimes enough to free them from the power grid altogether. A way-cool idea.
 
Interesting but I would hate to be the guy that has to wire all this stuff up.
 
I'd rather hook up some cows to balloons..
 
Originally posted by Monique
I'd rather hook up some cows to balloons..