Could someone help me explain this situation

• Thread starter tukms
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of shear force and its effects on the stability of a tower. The top of the tower accelerates faster than the bottom, and this difference in acceleration leads to a difference in shear force between the top and bottom. This difference can cause the mortar holding the bricks together to break, as each brick is pulling on the next with a limit to how much force can be exerted without breaking the mortar. This limit is known as the maximum shear force.
tukms
I have read a section but I don’t know their explanation , so please explain for me
Thank you

Attachments

• MWSnap 2010-10-08, 16_33_42.jpg
    MWSnap 2010-10-08, 16_33_42.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 443
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
Top/tip of the tower accelerates faster than bottom. Please read the lines inside ( ).
difference in shear force between bottom and top of the tower makes the tower to break.

hi tukms! :smile:

each brick is trying to pull the next brick, but there's a limit to how hard it can pull without the mortar (joining the bricks) breaking

that limit is the maximum shear force ("shear" means sideways to the join)

force = mass time acceleration, so if the acceleration is too large, then the force exceeeds the maximum shear force, and the mortar breaks :wink:

1. How do I explain a complex situation to someone?

It is important to understand the situation thoroughly before explaining it to someone else. Start by breaking down the key points and organizing them in a logical order. Use clear and concise language and provide examples or visuals if necessary. Also, be sure to listen to the other person's questions and feedback to ensure they understand the situation.

2. What should I do if someone is having difficulty understanding the situation?

If someone is struggling to understand the situation, try approaching it from a different angle. Ask them to explain their understanding so far and address any misconceptions. You can also try using different examples or analogies to help them grasp the concept better. Remember to be patient and open to their questions.

3. How can I make sure I am explaining the situation accurately?

Before explaining the situation, make sure you have all the necessary information and have double-checked your facts. It can also be helpful to practice explaining the situation to someone else or even to yourself. This will help you identify any areas that need further clarification or improvement.

4. Should I provide my opinion while explaining the situation?

If you are presenting a factual situation, it is best to stick to the facts and avoid inserting personal opinions. However, if the situation is open to interpretation or is subjective, you can offer your opinion but make sure to clearly state that it is your own perspective and not a fact.

5. How can I make sure the other person is engaged and understanding the situation?

To ensure the other person is engaged and understanding the situation, try to involve them in the conversation. Ask them questions and encourage them to ask questions as well. You can also use visual aids or real-life examples to make the situation more relatable. Don't forget to check in with them periodically to see if they have any questions or concerns.