Could Splitting Votes Lead to a More Accurate Election Outcome?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter causalset
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Voting
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 7K views
The statement of Arrow's theorem is: if blah blah blah about voting systems, then there is a dictator. People gasp. Oh my god, a dictator! They scream. But the system I described has a dictator, and nobody thinks that's a terrible thing.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Office_Shredder said:
The statement of Arrow's theorem is: if blah blah blah about voting systems, then there is a dictator. People gasp. Oh my god, a dictator! They scream. But the system I described has a dictator, and nobody thinks that's a terrible thing.
I think the terrible thing about this is your understanding of Arrow's theorem!