Course selection: Functional Ceramics vs Principles of Metal

In summary, the conversation is about choosing between a graduate course in Functional Ceramics and Principles of Metal Forming. The person asking for advice has already chosen ceramics, which is 50% electrical and 50% mechanical. They are seeking input based on their current degree and passion.
techniker
Hi
What is more beneficial as a graduate course?
Functional Ceramics vs Principles of Metal Forming?

Please tell me what you think
Thanks a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
Well before I can give you an answer could you please let me know what your current degree is in and if possible which one is closer in line to one of your passions.

- Sensatus

Sensatus said:
Well before I can give you an answer could you please let me know what your current degree is in and if possible which one is closer in line to one of your passions.

- Sensatus

Hi
I already chose ceramics. It is 50% electrical and 50% mechanical as the course professor said.
Thanks a lot for your answer

Likes Sensatus and atyy

1. What is the difference between Functional Ceramics and Principles of Metal?

Functional Ceramics is a course that focuses on the creation and use of ceramics for practical purposes, such as pottery, cookware, and building materials. Principles of Metal, on the other hand, teaches the fundamental concepts and techniques of working with metals, including welding, casting, and forging.

2. Which course is more suitable for someone interested in a career in industrial design?

Both courses could be beneficial for a career in industrial design. Functional Ceramics could help with understanding the properties and potential uses of ceramics in design, while Principles of Metal could provide valuable knowledge about working with metal materials in design projects.

3. Are there any prerequisites for these courses?

Prerequisites may vary depending on the institution offering the courses. It is recommended to check the course descriptions or consult with an academic advisor for specific requirements.

4. Can these courses be taken concurrently?

It is possible to take these courses concurrently, but it may also depend on the institution and their course scheduling. It is best to check with the academic advisor or the instructors of the courses to see if it is feasible.

5. How can these courses be applied in real-world settings?

Functional Ceramics and Principles of Metal have various applications in real-world settings. Functional Ceramics can be used in architecture, industrial design, and even medical devices. Principles of Metal can be applied in industries such as manufacturing, construction, and jewelry making.