Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses to be taken for becoming a drilling engineer

1. Jul 16, 2015 #1
    Hello,
    I have completed my bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and will be joining for my masters degree in mechanical engineering shortly. I am planning to become a drilling engineer in the petroleum industry. So in order to achieve my goal, what are the recommended courses that i should consider during my masters. Please understand my situation that My university do not offer petroleum engineering thats why am doing my masters also in Mechanical Engineering.

Some of the courses included in my course curriculum are as follows:(Obviously those am interested in:smile::smile:)

Advanced heat transfer
    Operations research
    Advanced engineering analysis(Finite element analysis)
    Advanced material science
    Fracture and fatigue of solids
    CAD
    Computer aided software engineering
    Mechanical Design
    Elasticity
    Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
    Turbomachinery
    Optimization of thermal systems
    Manufacturing analysis
    Statistical Decision making
    Finite element analysis
    Biomechanical systems

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2015 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome Divine. Please do not change the font in your posts, it makes reading very annoying when you use multiple colors, bolding and special fonts types throughout your posts for no reason. I have cleaned your post up for you.

Also, no questions or discussions are allowed in this section, this is Introductions Only. Please post your question in the proper forum. You should ask about which courses to take in the Academic Guidance forum.

Please be sure to read our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook