Creating forums in Physics forums app?

• Thread starter ajay.05
  • Start date
In summary, the Physics Forums app allows users to create threads and posts, but not forums. To create a new post, the user must be logged in and can do so by clicking on the pencil icon at the top of the intended forum. To post in an existing thread, the user can click on the arrow pointing to the right and type their post. It is also possible to use the app on an Android tablet.
ajay.05
Is it possible to create forums in physics forums app or is it meant only to read posts?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can create threads and posts, but not forums.

StevieTNZ said:
You can create threads and posts, but not forums.
Okay! How will you create a new post?

You probably aren't logged-in.

ajay.05 said:
Okay! How will you create a new post?
Did you make that post using the App?

russ_watters said:
You probably aren't logged-in.

I'm logged in, of course!

StevieTNZ said:
Did you make that post using the App?
Nope!

Can anyone give me some step-by-step tutorial?Please:)

I moved the thread to "Feedback and Announcements".
Only forum administrators (=Greg) can create new forums. No idea how to make posts with the app, but I know it is possible because many users use that function.

I use the app on my Android tablet. Ensuring you are logged in -
-> to create a new thread in a forum: go to the intended forum and click on the pencil at the top. that will display a new page where you enter the title, and content of the first post, of the thread.
->to post in an existing thread: in the thread there will be an arrow pointing to the right (at the bottom of the page: it will have the text 'Quick reply' on the left hand side). Click on that and type the content of your post.

I have no clue how to do print screens on my Samsung tablet otherwise I would have posted those, indicating on the images what to click.

Hope this helps!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
StevieTNZ said:
I use the app on my Android tablet. Ensuring you are logged in -
-> to create a new thread in a forum: go to the intended forum and click on the pencil at the top. that will display a new page where you enter the title, and content of the first post, of the thread.
->to post in an existing thread: in the thread there will be an arrow pointing to the right (at the bottom of the page: it will have the text 'Quick reply' on the left hand side). Click on that and type the content of your post.

I have no clue how to do print screens on my Samsung tablet otherwise I would have posted those, indicating on the images what to click.

Hope this helps!
It helped me lot!
Thank you Stevie

Likes dlgoff

1. How do I create a forum in the Physics forums app?

To create a forum in the Physics forums app, you will need to first create an account and log in. Once you are logged in, click on the "Create Forum" button and fill out the required fields, such as the forum name, description, and category. Once you have completed these steps, click on the "Create" button to successfully create your forum.

2. Can I customize the appearance of my forum in the Physics forums app?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your forum in the Physics forums app. You can change the color scheme, background image, and layout of your forum by going to the "Settings" tab and selecting the "Appearance" option. From there, you can make the desired changes and save them to update the appearance of your forum.

3. How can I invite other users to join my forum in the Physics forums app?

To invite other users to join your forum in the Physics forums app, you can share the unique forum link that is generated when you create the forum. You can also send invitations through email or social media platforms by using the sharing options provided in the app.

4. Is there a limit to the number of forums I can create in the Physics forums app?

No, there is no limit to the number of forums you can create in the Physics forums app. You can create as many forums as you want, as long as they adhere to the community guidelines and terms of use.

5. Can I moderate and manage my forums in the Physics forums app?

Yes, as the creator of the forum, you have the ability to moderate and manage your forums in the Physics forums app. You can remove posts, ban users, and make changes to the forum settings to ensure a positive and engaging environment for your forum members.