Crystal Growth - Czochralski technique, finding concen. of dopant after growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmarson123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Crystal Growth
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
bmarson123
Messages
24
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A doped silicon ingot is to be grown by the Czochralski technique with a dopant concentration of 1016boron atoms/cm3. If k0 = 0.9 for boron/Si, what concentration of boron atoms should be in the melt?

Homework Equations


Cs/C0 = k0 (1 - m/m0) k0-1

k0 = Cs / Cl

The Attempt at a Solution


I think it's just a case of subbing in the numbers to establish Cs and then using this in the second equation to find Cl, but I'm really confused about what the values of M and M0 should be in this scenario.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
To be honest, I'm not familiar with this topic but I see that your question has gone unanswered for nearly 1-1/2 days so I'll see what I can do to help.

What do the m and m0 in the equation represent? Wherever you got that equation from, there should be definitions of all the terms in it.

Also, is this question from a Physics class or an Engineering class? If it belongs in the Engineering homework area, I could move your post there where people more knowledgeable about it are more likely to see it.