Cut and paste Matlab coding into Latex for equations

In summary, you can easily insert and format Matlab code in Latex using the "lstlisting" environment or the "mcode" package. You can also include equations from your Matlab code using the "equation" or "align" environment. However, there may be limitations depending on the complexity of your code and necessary packages. To ensure proper display of your code, make sure to properly format and check for any errors or missing packages.
engineer888
Hi guys,

I have to do a lot of equations in a report, and I was wondering if there is a package for Latex so that I can just cut and paste matlab/excel coding straight into Latex and it will set it out properly. i.e. so that instead of typing \frac{5+x}{4} I can just write (5+x)/4?

Physics news on Phys.org
This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but the http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/symbolic/latex.html" MATLAB function will generate [itex]\LaTeX[/itex] markup from a MATLAB symbolic object.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Can I use Matlab coding in Latex for equations?

Yes, you can easily insert Matlab code into Latex by using the "lstlisting" environment or by using the "mcode" package. This will allow you to display your Matlab code within your Latex document.

2. How do I format my Matlab code for Latex?

To format your Matlab code for Latex, you can use the "lstlisting" environment or the "mcode" package. Both of these options allow you to specify the language as Matlab and will automatically format your code accordingly.

3. Can I include equations from my Matlab code into my Latex document?

Yes, you can easily include equations from your Matlab code into your Latex document by using the "equation" environment and inserting your code within the "$" symbols. You can also use the "align" environment for multiple equations.

4. Are there any limitations to using Matlab code in Latex?

There may be some limitations depending on the complexity of your Matlab code and the packages you are using. It is important to ensure that your code is properly formatted and that any necessary packages are included in your Latex document.

5. How can I ensure that my Matlab code is properly displayed in my Latex document?

To ensure that your Matlab code is properly displayed in your Latex document, make sure to properly format your code using the "lstlisting" environment or the "mcode" package. It is also important to check for any errors or missing packages that may affect the display of your code.