DCMA removed youtube video, but wasn't in complaint

In summary, the user was unable to find the second part of season 4 episode 15 of Warehouse 13 on HULU and had to search for it on YouTube. They then discovered that the episode was removed and filed a complaint with HULU. The user received a response stating that episodes are removed as new ones are added, but this did not explain why episode 15 was missing. The user also discovered that the episode was a Toyota car commercial broken into 11 segments and considered a "webisode".
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I wanted to see part 2 of a Warehouse 13 episode carried on HULU, but it was removed without an explanation "season 4 episode 15", I can watch season 4 ep 14 and 16, but not 15. So I searched for it on youtube and found ep 15, which sent me to
http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=976182, but that has nothing to do with the missing part 2 I was needing to see. Anyone know why this would happen? Was it removed in error? I'm going to file a complaint with HULU and see what they say, why are all of the episodes visible per their contract except the 2nd half of one episode?

Physics news on Phys.org
I got a resonse from HULU, made absolutely no sense.

Once five episodes are posted on Hulu, the oldest episode will be removed from the site as the newest is added.
Ok, the oldest episode was 14, which was there, 15 was missing but 16 was there. So, according to their rules, the oldest show would have been deleted, which was not the case.

I wrote back to them and again asked them to explain why episode 15 was missing. (I hate HULU).

Last edited:
This is, however a cute show they made. It's actually a Toyota car commercial, and they say it's 11 episodes. No, it's a single episode, but they broke the commercial into eleven 2.3 minute segments.

I still think the commercial is clever.

It's what they call a "webisode", not part of the tv series.

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Warehouse 13/vid:19026752

1. Why was my YouTube video removed by DCMA without a complaint?

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA) allows copyright holders to request the removal of infringing content from online platforms like YouTube. However, in some cases, DCMA may remove a video without a formal complaint from the copyright holder if they believe the content is in violation of copyright laws.

2. Can I dispute the removal of my video by DCMA?

Yes, you can dispute the removal of your video by DCMA if you believe it was removed in error. You can submit a counter-notification to DCMA, stating that you have the right to use the copyrighted material in your video. However, be aware that this may result in legal action from the copyright holder.

3. How long does it take for DCMA to remove a video?

The removal process can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the volume of requests DCMA receives. In some cases, it may take only a few days, while in others, it may take several weeks. If you have not received a response from DCMA within a reasonable amount of time, you can reach out to them for an update.

4. Can I get a copyright strike for a DCMA removal?

No, a DCMA removal does not result in a copyright strike on your YouTube channel. A copyright strike is only given when a valid copyright owner submits a takedown notice through YouTube's copyright infringement reporting system.

5. How can I avoid having my videos removed by DCMA?

The best way to avoid having your videos removed by DCMA is to ensure that you have the rights to use all of the content in your videos. If you are using copyrighted material, make sure you have obtained permission from the copyright holder or are using the material under fair use guidelines. You can also use royalty-free or Creative Commons licensed content in your videos to avoid any potential copyright issues.