1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Debating joining S.T.E.M program

1. May 24, 2013 #1
    I'm going to be a sophomore in high school. Next summer I'm thinking about joining a S.T.E.M program it's 1,500 dollars. I don't know what to do. I could qualify for financal aid and/or a scholarship. I don't feel like a strong enough in those subjects.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2013 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

$1500 is pretty steep. Is this program offered by a school, or a private organization? Can you give us a bit more information about it?

If you feel you aren't strong enough but you have an interest in a STEM career, then I bet you're exactly the kind of student who should take an enrichment class.

4. May 24, 2013 #3
    The program is offered by a college in my area. I don't think I'm strong enough in math, but I look forward to a job in the S.T.E.M subjects. At the college I have to stay the whole summer with other teenagers. We do hands on work. We have to go to 7 classes a day. Robotics is one I know for sure.

5. May 25, 2013 #4
    Do you have a program outline you can link/post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook