Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Delayed choice quantum eraser with actual 'choice'?

1. Jan 3, 2017 #1
    Hi.

The Wikipedia article on the delayed choice quantum eraser is mostly about Kim's experiment where there's IMHO not really a 'choice' about the erasure of the path information, at least not by the experimentators. Have such experiments also been performed where this choice is more controllable, e.g. by mechanically inserting a beam splitter to make the idler photons indistinguishable (after the signal photon already hit the screen)?

If yes, how was this choice made? I guess all those experiments are faster than a human could press a button. But normal random number generators might present the same possibilities for loopholes as Bell test experiments.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2017 #2
    There actually was a similar experiment just a few weeks ago in which they crowdsourced random choices to internet users all around the world. I don't know if the outcomes have been announced yet though.

4. Jan 5, 2017 #3
    Ah, yes! The Big Bell Test -- http://www.thebigbelltest.org/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted