Dell all-in-one 922 not printing right

• Thread starter wxrocks
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Printing
In summary, there are several potential reasons why your Dell all-in-one 922 may not be printing, including low ink or toner levels, paper jams, connectivity issues, outdated drivers, or faulty cartridges. To fix printing errors, you can try troubleshooting steps such as checking ink levels, removing paper jams, and updating the driver. If your printer is printing blank pages, it may be due to clogged print heads or a faulty cartridge. To connect your printer to a wireless network, follow the steps outlined in the Wireless Setup Wizard and make sure to select the wireless connection option during driver installation. To update the printer driver, you can download the latest version from the Dell Support website or use the device manager on your computer.
wxrocks
Hello --

Anyone have experience with Dell printers? My mom has an All-In-One that is printing jagged --- documents, pics, etc get lines through them and one page carries over to a second page.

I tried driver re-install, changing ink, etc, etc. Any other ideas, or is this thing toast?

Thanks! Eric

Computer science news on Phys.org
Is the printer working fine for any other computer? If you are sure that the printer is faulty, try to change the cable between the printer and pc.

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Dell all-in-one 922 printer. I have some experience with Dell printers and I may be able to offer some suggestions.

First, have you checked the printer's settings to make sure it is set to print at the correct resolution? Sometimes, if the resolution is set too low, it can cause jagged lines and poor print quality.

Another possibility is that the printer's printhead may be clogged or dirty. You can try cleaning it by following the instructions in the printer's manual or by using a cleaning kit specifically designed for printers.

If those options don't work, it's possible that the printer may need to be serviced or even replaced. Before declaring it "toast," I would recommend contacting Dell's customer support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to offer a solution.

I hope this helps and that you're able to get your printer working properly again. Good luck!

1. Why is my Dell all-in-one 922 not printing?

There could be several reasons why your Dell all-in-one 922 is not printing. Some common causes include low ink or toner levels, paper jams, connectivity issues, or outdated drivers. It is important to troubleshoot these potential issues before seeking further assistance.

2. How do I fix printing errors on my Dell all-in-one 922?

To fix printing errors on your Dell all-in-one 922, try the following steps:

• Check the ink or toner levels and replace if necessary.
  • Ensure there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer.
  • Verify that the printer is properly connected to the computer.
  • Update the printer driver to the latest version.
  • If the issue persists, try restarting both the printer and the computer.

3. Why is my Dell all-in-one 922 printing blank pages?

If your Dell all-in-one 922 is printing blank pages, it could be due to low ink or toner levels, clogged print heads, or a faulty cartridge. Check the ink or toner levels and replace if necessary. If the levels are fine, try running a print head cleaning or alignment process. If the issue persists, try replacing the cartridge.

4. How do I connect my Dell all-in-one 922 to a wireless network?

To connect your Dell all-in-one 922 to a wireless network, follow these steps:

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to a power source.
  • Press the "Menu" button on the printer and navigate to the "Network" option.
  • Select "Wireless Setup Wizard" and follow the prompts to connect to your network.
  • Once connected, install the printer driver on your computer and select the wireless connection option during setup.

5. How do I update the printer driver for my Dell all-in-one 922?

To update the printer driver for your Dell all-in-one 922, follow these steps:

• Go to the Dell Support website and enter your printer's model number.
  • Select the "Drivers & Downloads" option and choose the operating system of your computer.
  • Download the latest driver and follow the prompts to install it on your computer.
  • Alternatively, you can use the device manager on your computer to update the driver.