Derivative and tangent line for f(x)=(2x-5)/(x²-4)

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ashleyk
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ashleyk
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Let f(x) be the function f(x)=(2x-5)/(x^2-4)

I found the derivative to be (-2x^2+10x-8)/(x^2-4)^2

I then had to find the tangent at point (0, f(0)) to be y=-.5x+5/4

Im not sure if it is right from the graph i made on my calculator. Any help would be great!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ashleyk said:
Let f(x) be the function f(x)=(2x-5)/(x^2-4)
I found the derivative to be (-2x^2+10x-8)/(x^2-4)^2
I then had to find the tangent at point (0, f(0)) to be y=-.5x+5/4
Im not sure if it is right from the graph i made on my calculator. Any help would be great!

Yes,all the calculations are good.So,apparently,u have used a correct method,else u would have reached an incorrect result.

Keep up the good work!

Daniel.