Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Featured Describe your work like you're a 6 year old

Tags:
  1. Aug 26, 2016 #1

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Inspired by this SMBC comic:
    1472052164-20160824.png

I can read things some people can't read so I read them and then write them again only now those people can read it.

Now's your turn.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2016 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

I take lasers and shoot them at atoms or molecules and try to push them or cool them and stuff. Actually, I'm not allowed to play with lasers, so I do it all in a computer, but that's fun enough.

4. Aug 26, 2016 #3

Ryan_m_b

As six-year-old as I can make it:

Sometimes people have bad bones :frown: so doctors give them metal bones :smile: But bugs like the metal bones and can make people sick :nb) I'm trying to make the metal bones bugproof :cool:

5. Aug 26, 2016 #4

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I grow cells, like your skin. We feed them cow blood and then they grow a tiny hair that we pull on with a tractor beam and watch to see what happens. It's kind of like how your ear works.

6. Aug 26, 2016 #5

anorlunda

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pilots can't crash airplanes full of people just to learn how to fly. So I make toys for pilots and other people to use to learn stuff by playing with the toys. Do you learn things playing with toys?

Sometimes other people use my toys to find out how things work.

My favorite toys work on computer screens and people use them like games. I bet you like games. Do you learn things from your games?

7. Aug 26, 2016 #6

Rolen

Gold Member

I think about the universe and write things about it with numbers in it.

8. Aug 26, 2016 #7
    I put colors and stuff into plastics to make them pretty and make them last longer.

9. Aug 26, 2016 #8

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ewww!

10. Aug 26, 2016 #9
    What if God is weally, weally up dewe and not invisible like those mean people on Facebook say, and if we look at what contum...kwanza, car, mechanic-fixer--that science wiffs all the things going round and round the other things and the light that comes in packages? You know the one? All we haves to do is keep looking at dat science with all those other dimens...places we can't see yet, and we'll find out god lives in one of them and is not weally invisible.

And dats what science means to me!

Brittany with an i, age 5 and three-quarters.

11. Aug 26, 2016 #10

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Exactly... (cue the Dr. Evil laugh)

12. Aug 26, 2016 #11

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

I get up in the morning and after a couple of hours of browsing the web, I try to decide what I important things I should accomplish during the day. While thinking about that, I occupy myself doing random things that come up, including taking some naps. (This is called retirement.)

13. Aug 26, 2016 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I like to makɘ things. Only not real things like you can hold, but things that live in my compluter. Other pɘople like to look at the things I make. And it helps them do things they like to do.

14. Aug 26, 2016 #13

russ_watters

I make clean rooms cleaner... which sounds like way too much of a chore...

15. Aug 26, 2016 #14

jtbell

More succinctly, I would call retirement "being on summer vacation all the time."

(not quite there yet, give me a few more months...)

16. Aug 27, 2016 #15

Evo

Well, when I was working, if I was age 6, I'd say I worked with scary people, that called me from planes being chased by bad guys, chasing bad guys, going into hiding, in foreign countries. Now, I'd be too bored to stop coloring with my crayons.

17. Aug 27, 2016 #16

ShayanJ

Gold Member

What job is that?o_O

18. Aug 27, 2016 #17

Evo

I worked with The Department of Homeland Security.

19. Aug 27, 2016 #18

ShayanJ

Gold Member

I didn't know such incidents are so common that they can constitute a job description!

20. Aug 27, 2016 #19

Evo

yeah

21. Aug 27, 2016 #20

nsaspook

Science Advisor

I take dirt and mix it with magic smoke to make it special.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted