Design Amusement Ride: 10 People, 5 Stories, 2 Meters Radius

  • Thread starter Thread starter srvimisu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
srvimisu
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1. o.k. its been awhile for me, and I'm running on empty. using centrifical force calulations, I'm needing to design an amusment ride that is: 10 people stand in a cylinder that is 5 stories high. The radius 2 meters. when the cylinder rotates a proper rotational speed, the bottom will open, but due to centrifical force no one falls out.

where do I begin? :rolleyes:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, srvimisu.

I don't understand your description of the cylinder dimensions, but whatever. The Homework Help Template that came up when you started the thread (and which you deleted, I guess) asks you to state what the relevant equations and concepts are. Please tell us what you know about coefficients of friction, what centripetal acceleration is, what the equation F=ma means, and what you know about Free Body Diagrams.