Determine the Magnitude of the instantaneous Velocity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Chris Carney
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Determine the Magnitude of the instantaneous velocity at T=5s
Function is x=AT^2 + B
A=2.1m/s^2
B=2.8 M

Homework Equations


The previous questions answered on this problem are:
AVG Velocity is 16.8
Displacement is 33.6 from 3s to 5s

The Attempt at a Solution


I'm not sure how to find either magnitude or instantaneous velocity. I need it broken down to the most basic steps to understand.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you understand what the relationship is between position and velocity? Have you taken calculus?
 
I took calc and calc 2 about 4 years ago, I passed with A's but left school on military orders and have just gotten back into school. I forgot a lot of what I learned then.
 
phinds said:
so, do you understand what the relationship is between position and velocity?
No, no I do not.
 
Chris Carney said:
No, no I do not.

Well, do you think maybe my repeatedly asking you about it is a hint to look it up?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but part of what we do is try to help people learn how to get answers on their own, not spoon-feed answers. The relationship between position and velocity is extremely basic and one of the things that is generally brought up early in calculus so you really should study it a bit if you want to understand this kind of problem.