Determine the main cycle of a JK flip-flop counter

  • Thread starter Thread starter NovaDude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Counter Cycle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
NovaDude
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
For the counter shown below, determine the main cycle, and for each of the unused states, show what happens if it starts up there.

http://i45.tinypic.com/33l1lhc.jpg

Relevant equations
N/AThe attempt at a solution
Based on the diagram in the link I provided, I know that:

JA = QB'
KA = 1
JB = QC'
KB = QC
JC = QA
KC = QA

The problem is I do not know what to do after that. Can anyone explain to me how to do this? Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know how a JK flip-flop works?

What happens if A,B,C are active and we get the next clock cycle?
What happens if A,B,C' are active?
What happens for all other combinations?