Determining reaction order for HCl and sodium thiosulfate in kinetics lab

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
AC24
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I am having a problem with my kinetics lab. There are just three questions I can not understand.
1. Determine the order with respect to HCl. Explain.
2. Determine the order with respect to Sodium Thiosulfate. Explain.
3. Why rate values for this experiment not adequate to achieve an accurate value for k?

It was a lab with two tables, and the tables are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49735742@N03/4564031555/sizes/o/"




No equations.. Just explaining.



I made a graph for problems 1 and 2, Rate (1/time) vs [HCl]0.. Am I going the right direction? What would I do after that? I have no idea for question 3.. I sincerely thank those that take the time to read and help. your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org