Diesel - bulk modulus of elasticity

In summary, the individual is looking for the compressibility of diesel based on density, pressure (0-200bar), and temperature. They have already searched for information on Google but are looking for more exact values, potentially in tabular form.
inkognito
Hi,
I need the compressibility of diesel, depending on density, pressure(0-200bar) and temperatur.
Do you know where to find these values?

Thanks

Inkog

Engineering news on Phys.org
Mech_Engineer said:
Maybe you should start buy doing a quick search on Google. I searched "diesel compressibility" and found this PF thread on the subject:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=217722

Thanks, but I've already found this one. ;)

But I need more exact values for pressure and density.
Is it maybe possible to find these values in tabular form?

Inkog

Last edited:

1. What is the bulk modulus of elasticity for diesel?

The bulk modulus of elasticity for diesel is approximately 1.4 GPa (gigapascals).

2. How does the bulk modulus of elasticity affect diesel engines?

The bulk modulus of elasticity is a measure of a material's resistance to compression. In diesel engines, this property plays a crucial role in the efficiency and performance of the engine as it affects the compression ratio and the ability of the fuel to ignite.

3. What factors can affect the bulk modulus of elasticity of diesel?

The bulk modulus of elasticity of diesel can be affected by factors such as temperature, pressure, and fuel composition. Generally, an increase in temperature or pressure can decrease the bulk modulus, while a change in fuel composition can alter the bulk modulus depending on the specific properties of the fuel.

4. How is the bulk modulus of elasticity of diesel measured?

The bulk modulus of elasticity for diesel is typically measured using specialized equipment such as an acoustic chamber or a resonant column. These methods involve subjecting the diesel sample to different pressures and measuring the resulting changes in volume or density.

5. Can the bulk modulus of elasticity of diesel be improved?

Yes, the bulk modulus of elasticity of diesel can be improved through the addition of certain additives or through the use of alternative fuel blends. These methods can help increase the fuel's resistance to compression, resulting in better engine performance and efficiency.