Anisotropic Modulus of elasticity and Poisson's ratio

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
rabbahs
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have some experimental data and I am interested to use this data to calculated modulus of elasticiy (young's modulus) and Poisson's ratio. The material for which the data is given in an anisotropic material, therefore I need to calculate modulus of elasticity and poisson's ration is x,y and z direction.
the data which I have is the stress in three direction and corresponding strain in three direction.

So , my problem is simple.
Knows: sigma_x, sigma_y, sigma_z, epsilon_x, epsilon_y, epsilon_y (6 knows)
Unknows: Ex, Ey, Ez, Vxy, Vyx, Vxz (6 unknows).

I have seen a formula in rock mechanics book (see the following image), but it will resolve into only three equation if the shear stress is ignored.

Please help me out.
Thanks
Syed

upload_2014-11-4_14-29-14-png.75095.png
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?