1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diff. EQ. and Vector Analysis at the same time?

1. Apr 17, 2009 #1
    Thinking about doing this. I've already taken Linear Algebra and Cal. III. Diff. EQ. and Vector Analysis will probably be the only two courses I take in the fall. I MIGHT take the stupid only Writing Intensive core I need, but I can do whatever class that is at almost any time.

So, what do you think?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2009 #2
    If the Vector Analysis class is in any way similar to the Vector Calculus course I took, you should be fine.

How are you only taking two courses in the fall?

4. Apr 17, 2009 #3
    Partly due to financial constraints, working 20 hours a week, work/class schedule conflicts, and chiefly not wanting to inundate myself with courses where I need to adequately absorb the material.

What's wrong with only taking two courses in the fall? I take courses in the summer, too, by the way to cushion my not taking THAT many courses in the main semesters.

5. Apr 17, 2009 #4
    Nothing wrong with it I guess, it's just on the very slow side of achieving a degree and doesn't exactly appear to be a good thing if you're a full time student.

But since you're having to work and whatnot you're basically a part timer, which is fine.

6. Apr 17, 2009 #5
    Yeah, I'm a part-timer. Hopefully, by the time I finish, it will have taken me about six years to finish my Physics BS, which isn't too bad.

7. Apr 23, 2009 #6
    MATH 3331: Differential Equations
    Cr. 3. (3-0). Prerequisites: MATH 2433 and MATH 2331 (formerly 2431). Systems of ordinary differential equations; existence, uniqueness and stability of solutions; initial value problems; bifurcation theory; Jordan form; higher order equations; Laplace transforms. Computer assignments are required.

MATH 3335: Vector Analysis
    Cr. 3. (3-0). Prerequisite: MATH 2433 or approval of department chair. Algebra and calculus of vectors, vector differential operators, Green's and Stokes' theorems, curvilinear coordinates, tensors.

8. May 5, 2009 #7
    What about these two math courses and an additional non-science course? Would that be pushing it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook