Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dirac's QM - First Edition 1930 - 2 pages needed

1. Dec 7, 2014 #1

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hi everyone,

so I need someone to go to a public library and 'steal' somehow (scanning or simply photo with a smart phone) pages 34 and 56 of Dirac's original edition of his groundbreaking 1930 book called <The Principles of Quantum Mechanics>. I myself cannot do that from where I am, not to mention that buying the whole book is out of the question for reasons of availability.

Can it be done? Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

In the meantime, you might be able to find it via Google if you search on Dirac and his book and the picture of interest or page of interest.

4. Dec 7, 2014 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A search in Google is futile, I think the book's still under copyright and the 1st Edition has never gotten the right amount of attention it diserved, as the author changed it significantly by 1935, when he had the 2nd Ed. published. I specifically need these 2 pages only for some research work prior to writing a small paper.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook