Discover the Physics Behind Your Favorite Sport in Yr 11 Physics EEI Help!

• Thread starter Quwackers
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about a high school student seeking help for their physics EEI assignment, where they need to analyze the physics behind a particular sport and conduct experiments to test their hypothesis. They are asking for suggestions for a suitable sport, taking into consideration the accessibility of equipment and the complexity of the experiments. Some suggestions mentioned are baseball, golf, and tennis.
Quwackers
Yr 11 Physics EEI Help!

Hello all I would like to start be asking is this in the right area if not please tell me. Next, the problem I have is that I have been handed a physics assignment in which I need to analyse the physics behind a particular sport (not in depth to much just the basics really coefficient of restitution, projectile motion etc) for the EEI (extended experimental investigation) I need to write a hypothesis and test it through multiple experiments and then disscuse the results that were found .The problem is I don't know what sport to do! If you could post some suggestions on sports and the physics I could analyse in the sport I would be so grateful. When nominating sports please keep in mind this is for a high school student and some equipment may not be accesible to me and that the experiments do not need to be deadly accurate or complex. Thanks for reading :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

Physics questions generally belong in the physics section.

First sport that comes to mind is baseball. All it is, is change in momentum and projectile motion.

Also there is golf. Only that the ball remains still.

There's tennis.

Sorry about placing it in the wrong section. Thnx for the suggestions I tried tennis but it failed which is why I came here to ask. =P Thx though

Related to Discover the Physics Behind Your Favorite Sport in Yr 11 Physics EEI Help!

1. What is a Yr 11 Physics EEI?

A Yr 11 Physics EEI is an Extended Experimental Investigation, which is a research project that students in Year 11 undertake as part of their studies in physics. It involves conducting an experiment, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting a report on their findings.

2. How do I choose a topic for my Yr 11 Physics EEI?

To choose a topic for your Yr 11 Physics EEI, you should first consider your interests and what you want to investigate. You can also look for inspiration from current events, science news, or past EEI projects. It is important to choose a topic that is feasible, relevant to physics, and can be investigated using the resources available to you.

3. What are the key components of a Yr 11 Physics EEI report?

A Yr 11 Physics EEI report typically includes an introduction, background research, aim and hypothesis, methodology, results and data analysis, discussion and conclusion, and references. It may also include diagrams, tables, and graphs to illustrate your findings.

4. How can I make my Yr 11 Physics EEI stand out?

To make your Yr 11 Physics EEI stand out, you can choose a unique and innovative topic, use appropriate and well-designed experiments, collect thorough and accurate data, and present your findings in a clear and organized manner. You can also include additional elements such as a literature review, limitations of your study, and potential future research directions.

5. Can I collaborate with others on my Yr 11 Physics EEI?

Yes, you can collaborate with others on your Yr 11 Physics EEI, but it is important to make sure that each person's contribution is clearly defined and acknowledged in the report. It is also important to ensure that you understand and can explain all aspects of the project, as you will be assessed on your individual understanding and skills.