Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 676K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I hung up my Disney paper on the window to my office door today (now people can actually see light through it to know if I'm in or not...the students were complaining they couldn't tell if I was in my office or not, and since I like to have an open door policy despite the automatic door closer forcing my door shut all the time, I had to fix that). I then mentioned that my one pin looked lonely all by itself, so I had ordered some more to display in a shadow box that I'll bring in once I have the pins for it and was told that I've been lured to the "dark side of pin collecting." :smile: It's all ZZ's fault!
 
Moonbear said:
I then mentioned that my one pin looked lonely all by itself, so I had ordered some more to display in a shadow box that I'll bring in once I have the pins for it and was told that I've been lured to the "dark side of pin collecting." :smile: It's all ZZ's fault!

YESSSSSS!

Zz.
 
I HAVE PINS!

THANK YOU Zz! :!) :!) :!) :!)

The Child of Evo drove them here to my office. :approve:
 
Evo said:
I HAVE PINS!

THANK YOU Zz! :!) :!) :!) :!)

The Child of Evo drove them here to my office. :approve:

Woo hoo! They're even cuter in person than in the pictures, aren't they? :biggrin:
 
TAC at WDWMagic just reminded me of a very funny line in the movie Jurrasic Park.

John Hammond: All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked, nothing.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: But, John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

<rolling on the floor laughing>

Zz.
 
The 10th Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts on Sept. 30 and runs till Nov. 13. It has become a major yearly event at WDW.

Of course, to commemorate the event, several pins are being released. The best of the whole lot, in my opinion, is this one:

[PLAIN]http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904387.jpg

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Drat! I missed a chance to be an honorary "princess" for a day!
:rolleyes: Maybe you need to have a heart-to-heart with arildno.

I got my newest pins today..the two Christmas ones and the hanging Donald one. :biggrin: Woo hoo! Two more still to come (I got one of Chip and Dale sweeping acorns and Goofy riding a cow!)
 
Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: Maybe you need to have a heart-to-heart with arildno.

I got my newest pins today..the two Christmas ones and the hanging Donald one. :biggrin: Woo hoo! Two more still to come (I got one of Chip and Dale sweeping acorns and Goofy riding a cow!)

Just think... by the time we're done with the January Disney vacation, you may end up with more than a handful of pins that may not all fit in your shadow box. What will you do then?

Zz.
 
Treasure of Disney history goes on tour, perhaps coming to a place near you!

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050927.html

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Er... turning 34 is good enough for a "celebration"? I guess it is if you happen to be the Magic Kingdom. So MK is turning 34, and they are releasing Cast pins to commemorate this. Of course you know this means WAR! These pins will only be released to cast members at Walt Disney World starting Sept. 30th. This means that serious pin collectors will be staring at cast members lanyards to get one of these.

Nasty!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/1525224.jpg

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Er... turning 34 is good enough for a "celebration"? I guess it is if you happen to be the Magic Kingdom. So MK is turning 34, and they are releasing Cast pins to commemorate this. Of course you know this means WAR! These pins will only be released to cast members at Walt Disney World starting Sept. 30th. This means that serious pin collectors will be staring at cast members lanyards to get one of these.

Nasty!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/1525224.jpg

Zz.
Hey, what do you know, I'm the same age as the Magic Kingdom! (Or will be when my birthday comes around in October.)
 
Moonbear said:
Hey, what do you know, I'm the same age as the Magic Kingdom! (Or will be when my birthday comes around in October.)

Yes, but do you also have dark rides that bouces up and down, twists and turns, or ones that splashes and makes you wet at the end?

<oh dear, I feel a slap coming from Evo>

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Yes, but do you also have dark rides that bouces up and down, twists and turns, or ones that splashes and makes you wet at the end?

<oh dear, I feel a slap coming from Evo>

Zz.
Sure, we can turn the lights off if you prefer that. :biggrin:
 
The one good thing about being hooked on these pins and monitoring what will be released is that you get to learn about all of these "holidays" (made up or otherwise) and significant events here and around the world. For example, to be released on Sept. 30, is a pin to commemorate the reunification of Germany, which falls on Oct. 3rd.

So I can pretend that there is a socially redeeming quality in this addiction.

:)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10923340.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Yes, but do you also have dark rides that bouces up and down, twists and turns, or ones that splashes and makes you wet at the end?
Is it getting hot in here, or ... ?
 
ZapperZ said:
Yes, but do you also have dark rides that bouces up and down, twists and turns, or ones that splashes and makes you wet at the end?

<oh dear, I feel a slap coming from Evo>

Zz.
SLAP!

Hmmmmpf!
 
ZapperZ said:
Oh, that hurts SO GOOD!

:)

Zz.
Uh oh! He's into masochism. :-p
 
Ooh ooh ooh ooh, I got the other two pins I ordered today! They are sooooo cute! The Chip and Dale one is really big! It's definitely my favorite so far (the background is a BIG acorn, and they're busy sweeping up smaller acorns with push brooms...I love it!)

Now I have enough to put in my frame and bring it to work. :biggrin:

Don't worry ZZ, I still have more wall space if I need to get a second frame after our January trip.
 
Moonbear said:
Ooh ooh ooh ooh, I got the other two pins I ordered today! They are sooooo cute! The Chip and Dale one is really big! It's definitely my favorite so far (the background is a BIG acorn, and they're busy sweeping up smaller acorns with push brooms...I love it!)

Now I have enough to put in my frame and bring it to work. :biggrin:

Pictures! We want pictures! Snap a picture once you have it up on the wall in your office.

Don't worry ZZ, I still have more wall space if I need to get a second frame after our January trip.

Excellent. I am hoping that a lot of the holiday pins will still be around when we get there. I suggest we meet up at Downtown Disney on the first day so that we can head right straight to the Pin Central store! I want to see Evo in her "bloodlusting" mode. :)

Zz.
 
A Disney theme park in South Korea??!

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/050928/1169915.html

Does the phrase "spreading yourself too thin" mean anything to them? And this is on top of the planned construction of another Disney theme park in Shanghai possibly after 2010!

Oy vey!

Zz.

P.S. On second thought, my Disney Vacation Club points would work at the Disney resort hotels at all of those locations! Humm... maybe this isn't so bad after all! :)
 
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival starts today, and goes on till the end of November. A bunch of pins to commemorate this festival are being released today, the BEST of which (other than the Passholder exclusive pin) is this one, mainly because it has Donald in it.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904384.jpg

I don't expect to see any leftover of this pin by the time January rolls along... :(

Zz.