Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 672K views
ZapperZ said:
Here is something less scary. This First Day of Autumn pin is being released at WDW. I would say this is a very CUTE pin.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10923345.jpg

Zz.
That one is much cuter...and happier! Reminds me of jumping in piles of leaves as a kid. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OK, we're cranking up the CUTE factor here, folks!

This is the new pin released at Disneyland. It depicts Marie from my all-time most favorite Disney movie - Aristocats.

Strangely enough, although I love this movie a lot, I don't have any merchandize based on the movie, nor do I have any pins either. Isn't that weird? I just love... the movie, and that's that!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/9509564.jpg

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
OK, we're cranking up the CUTE factor here, folks!
Okay, I see a pin like that and think...yep, it's cute...if I was still 10 years old! There are pins I saw that are just too...well...pink! They are clearly trying to appeal to small children with some of them, but they really don't work for me. I guess I always liked the classic characters best. Aristocats is a really cute movie, but I wouldn't collect the characters from it either.
 
Moonbear said:
There are pins I saw that are just too...well...pink! They are clearly trying to appeal to small children with some of them,

Ah, then I MUST get this pin! I use these kinds of pins to attract small children.

OK, stoppit it! It's not what you think! I use these pins to trade with kids who sometime don't know they have "quality" pins. It's the same thing with my Stitch pins. I don't collect them, but I have lots of them to use as trading pins. Kids go nuts for them!

Zz.
 
Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Ah, then I MUST get this pin! I use these kinds of pins to attract small children.

OK, stoppit it! It's not what you think! I use these pins to trade with kids who sometime don't know they have "quality" pins. It's the same thing with my Stitch pins. I don't collect them, but I have lots of them to use as trading pins. Kids go nuts for them!

Zz.
:smile: So, now you're taking advantage of small children to get their valuable pins? Meanie! :-p :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
:smile: So, now you're taking advantage of small children to get their valuable pins? Meanie! :-p :smile:

Damn right! It's like taking candy from a baby! I dangle a cheap Stitch pin in front of their faces, and they'll give me anything I want off their lanyards!

God I love this pin trading!

:)

Zz.
 
I bought myself a small shadow box display for my pin(s) today. I got Disney scrapbooking paper to use for the background in it. :biggrin: I'm going to hang it in my office after I get enough pins to make it worth displaying (it looks a little pathetic with just one pin in it).

I also got a Disney patterned vellum paper that will fit over the window in my office door (it's just one of those 10"x10" windows...since my office is right next to the conference room, I want to keep something covering the window so everyone isn't staring at me as they walk past, but the previous occupant had just plain solid paper on it, and I wanted something fun and a little translucent so folks know I'm in there when the light shines through (at least until I can get the automatic closer thing off the door so I can keep it open a crack when I want people to know I'm there).

I'm still looking for more colorful stuff to decorate my very plain, ugly walls. I already got a poster of a window (since I don't have a real window)...the post-docs are telling me I should put up curtains and a window box filled with plastic flowers. I just might do that to be totally silly...when you're in a place where offices with windows are at a premium, you have to have a sense of humor.
 
I already got a poster of a window

this is like, the saddest thing I've ever heard...
 
yomamma said:
this is like, the saddest thing I've ever heard...
Yeah, but now I'm the only one with a view of a beach! :biggrin: :smile:
 
I assume you'll have a fan in fromt of some sand next and have people over for margaritas
 
yomamma said:
I assume you'll have a fan in fromt of some sand next and have people over for margaritas
:rolleyes: Of course not. I don't like margaritas, I prefer pina coladas. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
I bought myself a small shadow box display for my pin(s) today. I got Disney scrapbooking paper to use for the background in it. :biggrin: I'm going to hang it in my office after I get enough pins to make it worth displaying (it looks a little pathetic with just one pin in it).

I also got a Disney patterned vellum paper that will fit over the window in my office door (it's just one of those 10"x10" windows...since my office is right next to the conference room, I want to keep something covering the window so everyone isn't staring at me as they walk past, but the previous occupant had just plain solid paper on it, and I wanted something fun and a little translucent so folks know I'm in there when the light shines through (at least until I can get the automatic closer thing off the door so I can keep it open a crack when I want people to know I'm there).

I'm still looking for more colorful stuff to decorate my very plain, ugly walls. I already got a poster of a window (since I don't have a real window)...the post-docs are telling me I should put up curtains and a window box filled with plastic flowers. I just might do that to be totally silly...when you're in a place where offices with windows are at a premium, you have to have a sense of humor.

Moonbie, we need to buy stuff for your office when we go to WDW. My office here has been dubbed the Disney Museum. The custodial crew has been coming into take a look every so often to see what new Disney stuff I've brought in. And coming soon, a 24x36" picture of me and 2 friends with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy, to go up on the wall.

I'm actually going to run out of wall space... this might get depressing.

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Moonbie, we need to buy stuff for your office when we go to WDW. My office here has been dubbed the Disney Museum. The custodial crew has been coming into take a look every so often to see what new Disney stuff I've brought in. And coming soon, a 24x36" picture of me and 2 friends with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy, to go up on the wall.
Well, my office is rather small, so I won't be putting up too much.

I'm actually going to run out of wall space... this might get depressing.

Zz.
Aww...time to start rotating the collection. And while you're rotating out stuff, you can send it on tour...I'll gladly display a visiting collection. :biggrin: :smile:
 
All the dirt you wanted to know about Tinker Bell, but didn't care to ask...

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050920.html

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well now! We all know that we like shiny, glittering things. Then this one should be a winner! Bejeweled Mickey ears... what could be better?

Luckily, it is an open editioned pin. Let's hope they still have it in January...

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904227.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Well now! We all know that we like shiny, glittering things. Then this one should be a winner! Bejeweled Mickey ears... what could be better?

Luckily, it is an open editioned pin. Let's hope they still have it in January...

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904227.jpg
Oooooooooooooohhhhhh! Move over Mickey, I want that one to be the center pin in my shadow box display! :!) :!)

Gnomeo and Juliet? :smile: I already think of garden gnomes differently after reading Harry Potter! :smile:
 
I already think of garden gnomes differently after reading Harry Potter!
I hate dobby and kreacher.
 
Disneyland dedication plaque:

http://adisney.images.go.com/Images/I-Catalog/DS/Products/005181/95582/95582_Z.jpg

<lump in throat>

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Oooooooooooooohhhhhh! Move over Mickey, I want that one to be the center pin in my shadow box display! :!) :!)

Then it appears that we have our first agenda when we meet in January - to hunt for that pin. Hope Evo doesn't mind tagging along while we go hunting.

:)

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Then it appears that we have our first agenda when we meet in January - to hunt for that pin. Hope Evo doesn't mind tagging along while we go hunting.

:)

Zz.
Tagging along? HAH! You have never seen me in bloodlust for Disney pins. :-p
 
yomamma said:
I hate dobby and kreacher.
They aren't garden gnomes, they're house elves! :rolleyes:
 
Evo said:
Tagging along? HAH! You have never seen me in bloodlust for Disney pins. :-p

Actually, I don't think ANYONE has seen you in a bloodlust for Disney pins before, Evo, even you! I believe this is a new disease that I have inflicted upon you, and possibly Moonbie.

By late December, the right side of your face will start twitching, and you will start playing Disney tunes 24 hours a day. These are common symptoms and will go away after a shopping spree at Downtown Disney. So no need to call your physician.

:)

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Actually, I don't think ANYONE has seen you in a bloodlust for Disney pins before, Evo, even you! I believe this is a new disease that I have inflicted upon you, and possibly Moonbie.

By late December, the right side of your face will start twitching, and you will start playing Disney tunes 24 hours a day. These are common symptoms and will go away after a shopping spree at Downtown Disney. So no need to call your physician.

:)

Zz.
Does Downtown Disney still have that little LegoLand area where you get to play with Legos? After our shopping spree, I want to build stuff with Legos (it's more challenging when you have to trick the kid next to you into sharing their Legos to get the good pieces you need, like roofs and wheels). :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
Does Downtown Disney still have that little LegoLand area where you get to play with Legos? After our shopping spree, I want to build stuff with Legos (it's more challenging when you have to trick the kid next to you into sharing their Legos to get the good pieces you need, like roofs and wheels). :biggrin:

Yes, but it isn't that little anymore. They had a remodelling about a year ago, and the playland is even larger now. So you can build your Lego model to your hearts content. I intend to get at least a few pictures of you fighting it out with some kid for that piece of Lego.

The only sad thing was that they took away that lion lego outside their store. I had several pictures of me sticking my head in that thing. Ah... fond memories...

Zz.