Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 672K views
Call me psychic, or prudish (now THAT should draw a big laugh!), but I have a strong feeling that Disney won't be opening this type of theme park anything soon anywhere! :)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051007/ap_on_fe_st/britain_sex_academy

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, Zz, I can visit you in Chicago in 2009 (figured this was as good a place as any to share this). They just changed the location of our 2009 Neuroscience conference from New Orleans to Chicago (darn, I was hoping they'd work the Orlando venue into the rotation again). The one for 2006 is changed too, but to Atlanta). I guess the organizers are expecting it to take a few years to get New Orleans fixed. So, in 4 years, look out Chicago, Moonbear will be in town! :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
Hey, Zz, I can visit you in Chicago in 2009 (figured this was as good a place as any to share this). They just changed the location of our 2009 Neuroscience conference from New Orleans to Chicago (darn, I was hoping they'd work the Orlando venue into the rotation again). The one for 2006 is changed too, but to Atlanta). I guess the organizers are expecting it to take a few years to get New Orleans fixed. So, in 4 years, look out Chicago, Moonbear will be in town! :smile:

Well OF COURSE you can! It will be fun! I hope you are adventurous in your dinning selection, because expect to be taken to some very interesting ethnic cuisines!

But then again, after our Jan WDW trip, maybe you might want to stay away from me after you see how nutty I can get at WDW...

:)

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
MOOONBIE!

We need to get you THIS! And so do you, Evo!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=11927

Don't you think this will be PERFECT to display not only your pin collection, but also a picture of all of us on our Disney trip? They're releasing this on the 21st of Oct, but it isn't a limited edition or anything. So it appears that it should still be around by the time we get there.

I'm already planning on buying "a few". :)

Zz.
Oooh, very nice!
 
ZapperZ said:
Well OF COURSE you can! It will be fun! I hope you are adventurous in your dinning selection, because expect to be taken to some very interesting ethnic cuisines!
My only limitations are that I don't eat insects or guts (other than as a sausage casing). How could I even THINK of going to Chicago and not planning on gaining 5 lbs eating! :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
My only limitations are that I don't eat insects or guts (other than as a sausage casing). How could I even THINK of going to Chicago and not planning on gaining 5 lbs eating! :smile:

Oh yes, you WILL gain weight, if I have anything to do with it! :)

In fact, you might have a bit of a practice when we do Disney this January. We will do Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I bet you will LOVE that place. BTW, and this is for Evo also, if you do know that you will be able to be there at least over Jan 2nd, can you let me know as soon as possible? We're planning my birthday dinner that evening and we should make a reservation. I haven't decided where yet...

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Oh yes, you WILL gain weight, if I have anything to do with it! :)

In fact, you might have a bit of a practice when we do Disney this January. We will do Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I bet you will LOVE that place. BTW, and this is for Evo also, if you do know that you will be able to be there at least over Jan 2nd, can you let me know as soon as possible? We're planning my birthday dinner that evening and we should make a reservation. I haven't decided where yet...

Zz.
Ooh, yes, I should be there to celebrate your birthday with you. I haven't booked anything yet, but I'd probably do like you're doing and fly on the 1st, then return whenever they make me come back. I was supposed to go to Seattle for MY birthday, but the friend who invited me just got told he has to go to Japan the SAME WEEK I was planning to visit, and of course the day AFTER I bought my ticket. :cry: So, unless that gets rescheduled before the beginning of the year, I'll use the ticket to go to Disney (and that would make the trip his treat since the ticket was supposed to be my birthday present...:shy: though I feel guilty letting him pay when I don't even get to use it to visit him now).
 
Moonbear said:
Ooh, yes, I should be there to celebrate your birthday with you. I haven't booked anything yet, but I'd probably do like you're doing and fly on the 1st, then return whenever they make me come back. I was supposed to go to Seattle for MY birthday, but the friend who invited me just got told he has to go to Japan the SAME WEEK I was planning to visit, and of course the day AFTER I bought my ticket. :cry: So, unless that gets rescheduled before the beginning of the year, I'll use the ticket to go to Disney (and that would make the trip his treat since the ticket was supposed to be my birthday present...:shy: though I feel guilty letting him pay when I don't even get to use it to visit him now).

Hum... if he dumped you to go to Japan, I don't see anything to be guilty of if you use it to go see me, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald.

:)

We still haven't heard anything about Evo's plan. Is she going to chicken out on us? Is she refusing to be sucked into the Disney Mania? We must not let that happen!

Zz.
 
Oh no!

First we had Tigger fondling a guest at WDW (that case was dimissed with the accused found not guilty), and now this!

http://www.wesh.com/news/5069836/detail.html

Now how do I get to go on this cruise?

:)

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Now how do I get to go on this cruise?
:rolleyes: You want to see crew members exposing themselves? My personal opinion is that those who expose themselves to others without permission don't have much to show off. :-p

Cruise line tickets are pretty cheap during hurricane season. o:) :rolleyes: :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: You want to see crew members exposing themselves? My personal opinion is that those who expose themselves to others without permission don't have much to show off. :-p

Oh, but they'll have MY permission!

:)

Zz.
 
Oh look! Pooh and Eeyore are getting to the Halloween spirit too! <pun intended> Is Pooh dressed up as a bee?

This pin will be released at WDW next week.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904423.jpg

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Oh, but they'll have MY permission!

:)

Zz.
I see. Okay, well, we'll just have to fix you up with arildno. Too bad he lives on another continent.
 
Being released today at the World of Disney store in New York City is this "vampire Mickey" pin. I'm not sure I like my Mickey to be a vampire, even if he's smiling and "friendly" in this pin.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10980276.jpg

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
Happy, happy, happy! Joy, joy, joy!

It's good to have friends. Today, I received the long-awaited shipment of the stuff I asked a friend to buy on July 17, the official 50th Birthday of Disneyland. The first picture shows the Disneyland golden Mickey ears hat. I got 4 of those. So now there is no possibility of me fighting it out with Integral's daughter for this hat. There are also special dated park booklets for that day, and a few limited edition pins.

However, the STAR attraction of this package is the specially-handed out Mickey golden ears hat with a special decal in front (2nd picture) and the embroided data on the back (3rd picture)! This hat was handed out to the guests that day and cannot be bought. I only got one, and I will have to find a special place to display this.

OK... I'm happy... for now!

:)

Zz.

OK, so remember that from a while back? Here's a bit of an update since then.

The dated mickey ears hat has been under "protected custody" since it arrived. This is to prevent people and their grubby hands from picking it up and squishing it. After looking around, I bought a special display case for it. It is now prominently displayed above my living room TV as show below:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1834/img13158fw.jpg

Needless to say, it does become a conversation piece when I have guests. They first want to know why is the mickey ears hat has a different color (Disneyland Golden celebration), and then why is it under a display case (it's SPECIAL and you can't find them anymore unless you're willing to pay big bucks for it). I also brought out the "regular" golden mickey ears hat from Disney World and Disneyland that you can still get (at least for the next few months anyway) and point out the differences.

<Sigh>... the things a Disneyholic has to do...

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just like the Sheriff Mickey pin from a while back, this is a straightforward, simple pin that turns out to be delightful. It's an open edition pin that will be released next week.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904131.jpg

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
OK, so remember that from a while back? Here's a bit of an update since then.

The dated mickey ears hat has been under "protected custody" since it arrived. This is to prevent people and their grubby hands from picking it up and squishing it. After looking around, I bought a special display case for it. It is now prominently displayed above my living room TV as show below:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1834/img13158fw.jpg
I[/URL] can't see the picture. :frown: Can you upload it as an attachment?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd...the picture was there earlier, and now it's a broken link.

I want that "since 1971" pin, mostly because that's the year I was born, so it's really appropriate for me. :biggrin:
 
no,no, no, no, no, moonbear, it doesn't day 1971 BC...I know you and the sisters wish it did tho.

*runs and hides*
 
yomamma said:
no,no, no, no, no, moonbear, it doesn't day 1971 BC...I know you and the sisters wish it did tho.

*runs and hides*
*deducts one GOOBF card from yomamma's account* You'll run out of those sooner or later you know.
 
yomamma said:
I have 405 of them...
All expired I'm afraid. :-p

Ok, now I can see Zz's picture. That's great Zz! I like the picture frames too!
 
yomamma said:
I have 405 of them...
Well, I know ZZ is going to deduct one for every time you've tried to derail his Disney thread. :devil: That should bring you down to about 5 left. We'll make quick work of those. :devil:
 
Evo said:
All expired I'm afraid. :-p
Oh dear, is he trying to use those one-day-only GOOBF cards from the TKC thread? :rolleyes: Sorry, yomamma, but if the box with the expiration date in it is defaced in any way, we're not going to be able to accept them.

Ok, now I can see Zz's picture. That's great Zz! I like the picture frames too!
I like them as well...though I was squinting at the monitor trying to see if I could find Zz in the photos...but they're a bit too small. :frown: What on Earth was he watching on TV when he took that picture? It looks like a farmer's market on the screen. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
What on Earth was he watching on TV when he took that picture? It looks like a farmer's market on the screen. :biggrin:
Yes, they're showing some big organic pepper according to the sign, but they look like cataloupes. :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
Yes, they're showing some big organic pepper according to the sign, but they look like cataloupes. :biggrin:

Humm.. what's on TV and on the TV since to get more attention!

I was watching Chef's A-Field on PBS-HD. It's a show where chefs use only natural, organic ingredients and visit the farms or places where they get their ingredients.

As for the picture frames, the one of the left should be available when we get there in Jan. I love that frame - it shows the Fab 5 on a holiday. The one on the right is the frame you can get in the Tower of Terror gift store. It now has a picture of us right before we drop 13 floors (whoopie!). We should buy one of these pictures when all of us go on that ride (we need to convince Evo that she'll like it, Moonbie).

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
We should buy one of these pictures when all of us go on that ride (we need to convince Evo that she'll like it, Moonbie).

Zz.
Don't look at me, you still have a lot of convincing to do to get me on it. And since it seems you're more interested in the Disney cruise crew members exposing themselves to you, clinging to each other in terror isn't as convincing of an argument anymore. :-p You really should have mentioned that desire before our engagement. :rolleyes: :smile:
 
Evo said:
All expired I'm afraid. :-p

Ok, now I can see Zz's picture. That's great Zz! I like the picture frames too!
they say: UNEXPIRABLE
 
yomamma said:
they say: UNEXPIRABLE
:bugeye: They're counterfeits! No such GOOBF cards were ever issued.