Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week
- Thread starter ZapperZ
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 672K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
When I get there and you drive over to my hotel to pick me up, we can head there first to see if they still have them!ZapperZ said:What this means is that there could still be a reasonable chance to find these pins in early January (crossing fingers).
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904401.jpg
- 32,819
- 4,724
Moonbear said:When I get there and you drive over to my hotel to pick me up, we can head there first to see if they still have them!![]()
Actually, the Yacht Club is just literally next door to the Beach Club. You can just walk over there. :)
Besides, I've decided that when you call us, we're going to kidnap you to Disney/MGM Studios. We're going to go see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights that evening.
Zz.
tribdog
- 779
- 17
Moonbear call him now. It will save you a plane ticket.ZapperZ said:Actually, the Yacht Club is just literally next door to the Beach Club. You can just walk over there. :)
Besides, I've decided that when you call us, we're going to kidnap you to Disney/MGM Studios. We're going to go see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights that evening.
Zz.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
I can, but I thought you might want one too.ZapperZ said:Actually, the Yacht Club is just literally next door to the Beach Club. You can just walk over there. :)
Cool! I can't wait! I was just telling my sister all about it (with the promise that I will not help her pick out a new computer if she tells Mom that I'm going to be in FL without planning to visit).Besides, I've decided that when you call us, we're going to kidnap you to Disney/MGM Studios. We're going to go see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights that evening.
Zz.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
tribdog said:Moonbear call him now. It will save you a plane ticket.
- 32,819
- 4,724
Moonbear said:Cool! I can't wait! I was just telling my sister all about it (with the promise that I will not help her pick out a new computer if she tells Mom that I'm going to be in FL without planning to visit).
Oooh.. you naughty daughter you! :)
Well, I've been hyperventilating for the past few minutes before I just saw this picture:
http://www.laughingplace.com/showpic.asp?filename=http://laughingplace.com/files/live/big/0001344-579519.jpg&caption=Christmas+mouse+ears+at+Disneyland
They have a freaking Christmas Mouse Ears hat at Disneyland! Damn it! I can't stand it!
<hyperventilate some more thinking about it>
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
tribdog
- 779
- 17
there is nothing magical about it. Slave labor. chipmunks and little blue birds forced to carry bags weighing many times their weight.moonbear said:I already have the plane ticket booked though, and I really have to use it just to see how the Disney Magical Express magically transports my luggage to my room without me needing to wait at baggage claim!
tribdog
- 779
- 17
It's Agustus GloopMoonbear said:They might have thought about taking a picture of a cuter kid to show off the hat though.Any chance there'll be any special New Year's hats at DisneyWorld when we get there?
- 32,819
- 4,724
Moonbear said:They might have thought about taking a picture of a cuter kid to show off the hat though.![]()
It's a face that only a mother could love... :)
Any chance there'll be any special New Year's hats at DisneyWorld when we get there?
I can only hope, but unfortunately, my feelers out there are not telling me much, so I don't know. I would settle for this Mouse Ears hat, but I don't know if this is just a Disneyland thing.
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
This is another "Awwwww..." moment. More New Year's pins are being announced for release on New Year's eve. This one is right on the money.
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904554.jpg
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904554.jpg
- 32,819
- 4,724
Don't look now, but Pixar has new competitors. Wonder how this will play out in their negotiatons with Disney...
http://www.sacunion.com/pages/entertainment/articles/7053
Zz.
http://www.sacunion.com/pages/entertainment/articles/7053
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
- 32,819
- 4,724
Wow! This almost makes me want to do a Disney cruise during the holiday season!
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=739
Zz.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=739
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
- 32,819
- 4,724
Video of the 2005 Disneyland Christmas Fantasy Parade.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-171.asp
Zz.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-171.asp
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
My Disney Tree
So here's a few pictures of my Disney tree. It's a tall, thin one, mainly because I do not want a second large tree in the house - that would be way too much. In any case, the focus is definitely on the ornaments, and not on the tree.
This is the "front" view of the tree.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5905/tree14hq.jpg
This is a close-up view of the front of the tree.
And finally, this is the "back" of the tree as one walks through the hallway.
The sad thing is that I didn't even use all of my Disney ornaments. I have enough to decorate another tree. And oh, there's a Hidden Tweety in this Disney tree (I know, sacrilege!). Each time I tell that to people looking at it, they all end up forgetting everything and spent countless minutes hunting for it.
Zz.
So here's a few pictures of my Disney tree. It's a tall, thin one, mainly because I do not want a second large tree in the house - that would be way too much. In any case, the focus is definitely on the ornaments, and not on the tree.
This is the "front" view of the tree.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5905/tree14hq.jpg
This is a close-up view of the front of the tree.
And finally, this is the "back" of the tree as one walks through the hallway.
The sad thing is that I didn't even use all of my Disney ornaments. I have enough to decorate another tree. And oh, there's a Hidden Tweety in this Disney tree (I know, sacrilege!). Each time I tell that to people looking at it, they all end up forgetting everything and spent countless minutes hunting for it.
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
- 32,819
- 4,724
Walt Disney Day 2005
On December 5, 1986, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed that this date each year is Walt Disney Day. To mark this day this year, a special commemorative pin will be released.
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10903613.jpg
On December 5, 1986, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed that this date each year is Walt Disney Day. To mark this day this year, a special commemorative pin will be released.
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10903613.jpg
- 32,819
- 4,724
With the Chronicles of Narnia about to be released, pins of this movie are starting to appear. This is one of the better one. It's a spinner, with the lion appearing on the other side.
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10931670.jpg
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10931670.jpg
- 32,819
- 4,724
Christmas 2005 decorations around the Animal Kingdom. Can't wait!
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-172.asp
Zz.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-172.asp
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
Good god! What else can happen here?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-mcfbriefs05_305dec05,0,394599.story
I've traveled this stretch MANY times, and you have to make AN EFFORT to go off the road, traveled through the patch of grass and embankment, and get into the water! I can only think that the guy may had either a heart attack or a stroke while driving.
Zz.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-mcfbriefs05_305dec05,0,394599.story
I've traveled this stretch MANY times, and you have to make AN EFFORT to go off the road, traveled through the patch of grass and embankment, and get into the water! I can only think that the guy may had either a heart attack or a stroke while driving.
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Note that it said he died when he careened off the road and into the lake, not after or as a result of it. So, yeah, I'd agree with your guess that something must have happened for him to have lost control of the vehicle and whatever that was is likely what killed him, not the accident itself.ZapperZ said:Good god! What else can happen here?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-mcfbriefs05_305dec05,0,394599.story
I've traveled this stretch MANY times, and you have to make AN EFFORT to go off the road, traveled through the patch of grass and embankment, and get into the water! I can only think that the guy may had either a heart attack or a stroke while driving.
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
- 32,819
- 4,724
Guide to the Holidays at Walt Disney World 2005
This is a very good and comprehensive guide to all the festivities this year at Walt Disney World.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Page-WDW-Holidays2005.asp
They also have lots of pictures already taken at this year's festivities. And Moonbie dear, if we have the stamina and energy, we might want to do Resort hopping to look at the decorations and maybe the Gingerbread houses at each of the major resorts.
Zz.
This is a very good and comprehensive guide to all the festivities this year at Walt Disney World.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Page-WDW-Holidays2005.asp
They also have lots of pictures already taken at this year's festivities. And Moonbie dear, if we have the stamina and energy, we might want to do Resort hopping to look at the decorations and maybe the Gingerbread houses at each of the major resorts.
Zz.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
I don't know about an old fogey like you, but I have no problem with stamina and energy!ZapperZ said:This is a very good and comprehensive guide to all the festivities this year at Walt Disney World.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Page-WDW-Holidays2005.asp
They also have lots of pictures already taken at this year's festivities. And Moonbie dear, if we have the stamina and energy, we might want to do Resort hopping to look at the decorations and maybe the Gingerbread houses at each of the major resorts.
Zz.
My experiments the next two weeks will be the perfect sort of "boot camp" for Disney...on my feet for most of my waking hours (and a lot of my non-waking hours) for days at a time! I just realized I scheduled myself for a 24 hour shift on this experiment
- 32,819
- 4,724
They have listed a bunch of pins to be released right after the new year. None yet to be released on the 1st of the year, but these will be out on the 3rd. So we will be there for their release. And Moonbie, there's a Chipmunk pin!
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904341.jpg
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904343.jpg
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904341.jpg
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904343.jpg
- 32,819
- 4,724
Looks like George Mitchell will be staying on for a little bit longer, while Bob Iger continues to exert his influence on the Disney Board of Directors.
http://www.forbes.com/2005/12/05/mitchell-iger-disney-cx_cn_1205autofacescan04.html
Zz.
http://www.forbes.com/2005/12/05/mitchell-iger-disney-cx_cn_1205autofacescan04.html
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
Walt Disney World Chirstmas Parade TV Special Info
From the Disney press announcement:
Zz.
From the Disney press announcement:
For the fifth consecutive year, Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, (Live with Regis and Kelly) host Walt Disney World's 22nd Annual Christmas Day Parade telecast from the heart of the Magic Kingdom, with special performances from the Disneyland Resort in California. Philbin has hosted more Walt Disney World Christmas Day parades than anyone else, while Kelly Ripa also stars on the ABC sitcom Hope & Faith. Ryan Seacrest (Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2006) will lead the parade and concert performances from Disneyland Resort.
For more than two decades, the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade has been a family tradition featuring Disney's most cherished characters including: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pinocchio, Princesses Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine, as well as the Disney Channel's favorite Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House, Stanley, the Little Einsteins, The Wiggles, characters from JoJo's Circus and others.
The special will highlight a variety of celebrity appearances and musical performances including: Star War's Hayden Christensen; country superstar band Lonestar; acclaimed model, actress and singer Vanessa Williams; The View's Star Jones; Mary Poppins' Julie Andrews; golf champion Tiger Woods; award-winning actor John O'Hurley, Dancing with the Stars; sister songstresses Aly and AJ; American Idol Fantasia; tween pop group The Cheetah Girls; and young stars of Disney's newest movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe -- Anna Popplewell, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes and William Moseley.
In addition to the parade's impressive list of performers, the 22nd Annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will feature fanciful pageantry from Disney's globally renowned theme parks, including Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California. At the heart of the show, the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade takes center stage, with Disney favorites making their way down Main Street, U.S.A., in the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.
Watch the Walt Disney World® Christmas Day Parade on ABC at its new time in your local area:
10:00 a.m. - NOON (EST)
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (CST)
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (MST)
2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (PST)
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
New Disney DVD's being released today, most notable is the new collection (Vol 2) of Donald Duck Walt Disney Treasures!
Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Volume Two: 1942-1946, Walt Disney Treasures: Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox, Legendary Heroes, Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarities, Celebrated Shorts: 1920s - 1960s, Walt Disney Treasures: The Adventures Of Spin & Marty, That's So Raven: Raven's House Party, and The Proud Family Movie.
Zz.
Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Volume Two: 1942-1946, Walt Disney Treasures: Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox, Legendary Heroes, Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarities, Celebrated Shorts: 1920s - 1960s, Walt Disney Treasures: The Adventures Of Spin & Marty, That's So Raven: Raven's House Party, and The Proud Family Movie.
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
The most powerful woman in the entertainment industry comes from the Disney Corporation.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1376042
Zz.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1376042
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
Pictures of lights and holiday decorations at New Orleans Square at Disneyland Resort. These actually look rather spectacular.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-173.asp
Zz.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-173.asp
Zz.
- 32,819
- 4,724
Happy 80th Anniversary, Pooh Bear!
http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v051206.html
Zz.
http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v051206.html
Zz.
Last edited by a moderator:
Now get me those Dalmations!
Any chance there'll be any special New Year's hats at DisneyWorld when we get there?