Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 672K views
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! Look at this. It's a framed pin set featuring 15 pins with various characters forming the letters "Walt Disney World". Gorgeous! It's also expensive, $175!

Since I've ran out of wall space, both at home and at work, I probably won't get this. Moonbie, you should get it!

:)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10955500.jpg
 
Ooooh... now this is different!

A couple of pins will be released on the 23rd. They're gorgeous by themselves, but there's more!

The first one is a picture of Sleep Beauty Castle at Disneyland with Mickey in the foreground.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10127986.jpg

A second pin with a similar them has Tinkerbel instead.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10127801.jpg

(she has those eyes again, Moonbie)

But here's the COOLEST part about it. These two pins forms a larger puzzle. They actually fit with one another!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/101278011.jpg

What will they think of next to make us part with our money?

The sad part about this? It's only available at Disneyland!

Looks like I will have to get my "connections" over in LA to go get me these.

Zz.
 
The marching Toy Soldiers during the holiday parade at the Magic Kingdom.

Zz.

disney0593fm.jpg
 
This is the CD cover for the Holiday Wishes CD released at WDW. I hope they are still selling it when we're there. I would buy it just for the cover alone. :)

Zz.

http://laughingplacestore.com/images/products/7680L.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awww... this just melts my heart!

They're already releasing pins for Pooh's 80th anniversary next year. This one is a cutie. It is out today at Disneyland. Now let's hope WDW will be releasing one there too.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10127726.jpg
 
OK Moonbie, I have an assignment for you when we get to Disney World. I want you to stare at every pin lanyard worn by a Cast Member and see if you can find this pin. It is a cast member pin being released on the 27th, and we can get it only via trading.

I want this pin! :)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/109122705.jpg
 
If you are lucky enough to be on one of the Disney cruise ships over the holiday season, you will have a chance to get this pin. It is being released only on the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic cruise ships.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904320.jpg
 
Wishing everyone a very Magical and Safe Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Holiday Season!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904369.jpg
 
If you are in New York City, you could get this pin tomorrow at the World of Disney Store on Fifth Ave.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904448.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Here's something you can do on Christmas Day if you get bored with the relatives. :)

"Modern Marvels
Disney World.
Premieres:
Sunday, December 25 @ 8pm ET/PT

Journey underground and backstage at the technological marvel that is Walt Disney World. Enter a make-believe world spanning some 27,000 acres, brought to life by cutting-edge technology. What was once Florida swampland now boasts the world's largest theme park. The ride technology ranges from space-age centrifuges to enhanced motion vehicles powered by 3,000 PSI of hydraulic pressure. And hundreds of audio animatronics brought to life through the power of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical systems. Walt Disney World is made up of four separate theme parks, each with its own innovations: the 107-acre Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The four parks are all part of a megaplex of a resort. Twice the size of Manhattan, it was the final vision and crowning achievement of a man who spent more than 40 years pushing the limits of technology to create entertainment magic: Walt Disney."

Zz.

If you did not miss this program, you'd would have seen a very well-done documentary on the evolution of Disney World. For anyone not familiar with the park, there were a lot of unfamiliar facts about the origin and construction of the various theme parks at WDW, especially on the construction of the Magic Kingdom where the guests area is actually the 2nd level. [Cast members call this the "on stage" area]

Zz.
 
This is a terrific interview with Don Grady, who was once one of the original Mousketeers, and now writes music for several major Disney projects. His view on the early days of Disney and his encounter with Walt are just priceless!

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID509920.ASP

Zz.
 
Top 25 Best Attended Theme Parks

It's a clean sweep, folks!

Amusement Business has released the Top 25 most attended theme parks in North America, and Disney theme parks swept the top 5, with all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks making into the top 5.

http://www.wftv.com/news/5653036/detail.html

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Holidays Disney fans!
Here is a scene from my hometown in Whitsett, NC that I photographed about an hour ago. Hope that you enjoy it...
 
Last edited:
Aether said:
Happy Holidays Disney fans!
Here is a scene from my hometown in Whitsett, NC that I photographed about an hour ago. Hope that you enjoy it...

Whoa! There's someone in Whitsett, NC who might be a bigger Disney Freak than I am!

It is cute, though. Wish I have a barn that I could decorate like that. :)

Zz.
 
Moonbear said:
I'm counting Zz, I'm counting! 5 1/2 more days! :biggrin:

Count louder! Maybe it'll go faster!

:)

I have a feeling that I will be all packed by Thursday! And oh, make sure you leave some room in your luggage to bring things back, unless you're shipping stuff home!

Zz.
 
Rumors are flying that Disney and Pixar will annouce a new partnership agreement.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20051225-094559-1938r
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117935171&categoryID=18&cs=1

I hope that even with this, Disney will still continue developing their own animation division.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Count louder! Maybe it'll go faster!
Okay, I'll try. 5 MORE DAYS![/size]

:biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
Okay, I'll try. 5 MORE DAYS![/size]
:biggrin:

Ah yes. That should be loud enough. Jan 1st will come any minute now...

But wait, I have that Dec. 30th 'event' to get through first! :)

Zz.
 
I don't know whether Disney meant to release this pin at this time of the year, but just in time for the holidays, in case you are already sick of the festivities and relatives that won't leave, here's a pin being released today appropriate for that. Grumpy really mean business here, so don't mess with him.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/9850369.jpg