Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 676K views
Evo collects hippo things?!

Why am I the last person to know this?

:)

I hope those are not Disney pins, Astronuc. They are way too adorable and I might be tempted to go get them if they are pins.

Zz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Splash Mountain

First the screams of delight...

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5742/img19975ul.jpg


... and then the SPLASH!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4699/img19923ej.jpg

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no!

How could they make Tinkerbell do this in one of their pins?! She also looks like she's cross-eyed!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10931618.jpg

Zz.
 
Michelle Kwan may have ended her quest for Olympic gold medal, but she landed a perfect triple lutz with Disney. She has just become a spokeperson for the Walt Disney Company.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11392148/
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=984

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
They have released the first of 4 Passholder pins at WDW. All 4 of them lock into each other to form something like a jigsaw puzzle. This is the first one, and it's a spinner pin. The back reveals a view of the castle.

7000 of these were released on Feb. 15th. I'm skeptical of finding any leftovers by the time I get there at the end of May (98 more days).

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904637.jpg
 
As strange as this may sound (coming from me), this is the one day/evening that I'm glad I'm not at WDW. President Bush is at the Contemporary Resort for the GOP fundraising dinner.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060217/BREAKINGNEWS/60217010

The traffic would be even worse than for the Marathon.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why did they take out the pipes that made the apparent 'splash' on Splash Mountain? I remmeber I saw that when the flume went down, it was not the flume causing the splash but some pipes in the thornes spraying water at the right time. Last time I came those were not running and it was missing its character splash :frown: .
-Scott
 
scott_alexsk said:
Why did they take out the pipes that made the apparent 'splash' on Splash Mountain? I remmeber I saw that when the flume went down, it was not the flume causing the splash but some pipes in the thornes spraying water at the right time. Last time I came those were not running and it was missing its character splash :frown: .
-Scott

Yeah, I agree. I notice that missing also. That plume is the cause of many people getting wet right at the beginning of the ride. You think you're safe there and then you get the "splash".

They have also taken away that waterfall right at the end. It used to be that if you sit on the right side of the log, you could get quite a splatter from the waterfall.

Rumor has it that Splash Mountain might be undergoing another major renovation soon (they had one last year as part of a regular maintenance). Let's home they bring back all that missing elements.

Zz.
 
GeorginaS said:
Post 1833, I love that Tinkerbell pin!

Don't tell Moonbie that. She thinks that Disney is drawing Tinkerbell to look like she's possessed (Tink, not Moonbie)!

So, when are you coming with us to Disney World, Georgina? Moonbie can testify to the fact that I'm "safe" (i.e. I don't shove away little children that hard), and I don't bite, unless you want me to.

Zz.
 
They released a surprise pin yesterday at Disneyland, and it's a Donald!

Darn it!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10324651.jpg.jpg
 
They release "surprise" pins at Disneyland? Do they usually publish an issuing schedule for new pins?

I'll have to get to Disneyland some day; of that I'm sure. I'm also pretty sure that Moonbie would be my first-pick as a guide if/when I get to go. :biggrin:
 
ZapperZ said:
Don't tell Moonbie that. She thinks that Disney is drawing Tinkerbell to look like she's possessed (Tink, not Moonbie)!
:smile: Though, I have to admit, in that pin, the possessed look works. What an attitude! C'mon, admit it, you've had days when you've wanted to do that, and wouldn't it be just great to have a pin to wear for those occassions? It would be perfect right under the Grumpy "I'm right, you're wrong, any questions?" pin. :biggrin:

So, when are you coming with us to Disney World, Georgina? Moonbie can testify to the fact that I'm "safe" (i.e. I don't shove away little children that hard), and I don't bite, unless you want me to.
:smile: Zz is safe, as long as you're not horribly camera shy. And he's definitely only interested in children for their pins.
 
Ooh, ooh, ooh, they have a show about Disney weddings on the Food Network right now! You should see the fantabulous cakes they're making! And, and, and, every guest gets their own personal cake, with the castle on top. And they're showing all the other food, and a pre-reception on the boardwalk, and how everything is personalized, and...I really want to get married at Disney! :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
Ooh, ooh, ooh, they have a show about Disney weddings on the Food Network right now! You should see the fantabulous cakes they're making! And, and, and, every guest gets their own personal cake, with the castle on top. And they're showing all the other food, and a pre-reception on the boardwalk, and how everything is personalized, and...I really want to get married at Disney! :biggrin:

Oooh.. then you should start planning soon, Moonbie. You may want to read this:

http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/faqs.html#1

We can find for you a man later.

:)

And you'd better invite me to this wedding or else I'll crash it using Cinderella's pumpkin coach!

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For President's Day tomorrow, a very nice pin will be released at WDW.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904557.jpg
 
They released a lovely Passholder Pin for Disneyland. This is a gorgeous one.

StatutoryApe, I wouldn't suppose you're a Disneyland passholder and would buy this for little ole' me, would you?

:)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10254934.jpg
 
I recall that Moonbie posted a picture of the chocolate carousel while we were at WDW this past Jan. I forgot that I also took pictures of the chocolate carousel, even one close up. So whoever is still interested in more picture of this chocolate sculpture, here they are:

Zz.

img16305su.jpg


img16310ez.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Oooh.. then you should start planning soon, Moonbie. You may want to read this:

http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/faqs.html#1

We can find for you a man later.

:)

And you'd better invite me to this wedding or else I'll crash it using Cinderella's pumpkin coach!

Zz.
I'm accepting donations...the cost of the wedding they showed was $70,000! I think they said it was about 120 guests. :bugeye: I better marry someone VERY rich!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear is marrying so late
i always thought she may be having 4-5 kids of my age:biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
I'm accepting donations...the cost of the wedding they showed was $70,000! I think they said it was about 120 guests. :bugeye: I better marry someone VERY rich!

120 guests? Humm.. you may need a lot more to accommodate all of PF members! So looked for someone extremely rich!

:)

After that, buy a house in Celebration. Make sure you have an extra room for me to come and visit.

Zz.
 
The euphoria over Oswald the Lucky Rabbit coming back to Disney just won't go away.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/custom/aetoday/bal-ae.eye19feb19,0,2526310.story?coll=bal-aetoday-headlines

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a smoker, you probably don't want to stay at the Swan Hotel in Walt Disney World.

http://www.wesh.com/news/7155436/detail.html

The Swan became the first resort on Walt Disney World property to be 100% smoke free. This includes their rooms and all public areas on their property.

While The Swan Hotel is on WDW, it is owned not by Disney, but by the Westin hotel chain. Other WDW hotel resorts still accommodates smokers in certain areas of the resorts.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Disney's Eight Below is the #1 movie at the Box Office over the President's Day weekend.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/20/box.office.ap/index.html

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Monty Maldovan, one of the Disney Design Group Artists, has produce a jaw-dropping, amazing pin released a few days ago at Disneyland. I mean, look at it!. The lid flips open to reveal Tinkerbell in flight over the castle.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10311866.jpg
 
Wow, that is a gorgeous pin! And they even did a nice job on Tinkerbell for a change! She looks coy, not possessed!
 
ZapperZ said:
120 guests? Humm.. you may need a lot more to accommodate all of PF members! So looked for someone extremely rich!

:)
I'm only inviting PF members who have shown an interest in the Disney thread. :biggrin: But I could easily wind up with a guest list of 120 just with my family and friends alone! :eek: I need to marry someone with a very small family too (and probably a lot of patience for weird in-laws).