Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do Engineering Students run autocad on their own computer?

Tags:
  1. Jul 27, 2011 #1
    Do they buy it for themselves? Do they use it on the school computer?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2011 #2
    When I was in college, I took advantage of student discounts and got AutoCAD LT for my PC.

4. Jul 27, 2011 #3
    There are low-priced (sometimes free) "academic versions" available for many programs. Here's Autodesk's page on the subject: http://students.autodesk.com

5. Jul 28, 2011 #4
    Autodesk gave a free copy of almost everything when I was at University. But no don't buy one unless is cheap.

PS It's not worth it as AutoCAD is crap. Get the free student Inventor and let the good times roll.

6. Jul 28, 2011 #5
    Autodesk gave a free copy of almost everything when I was at University. But no don't buy one unless is cheap.

PS It's not worth it as AutoCAD is crap. Get the free student Inventor and let the good times roll.

7. Jul 29, 2011 #6
    My school gave me a free student version of Solidworks... but I have to be connected online at all times to verify my license.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook