Do I have to take Human Biology in O levels?

  • Topic: Courses 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Nabila
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Biology Human Levels
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Nabila
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I will be giving O levels in two sitting for may'17 and jan'18 . I aim to be a heart surgeon. I plan on taking Biology but I am confused if I should take Human biology or not. If I take , I will only be left with 6months of private coaching , I am also scared if I'll be able to bring good marks. So please suggest If I shud take it or not.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Nabila said:
I aim to be a heart surgeon.

I am confused if I should take Human biology or not.

Just an observation of mine, but among the people I know who've successfully gotten into medical school and gone on to become successful doctors, I don't think there would have been any question about doing something like this. If such a course were offered, there would have been very little one could do to keep them out.

I am also scared if I'll be able to bring good marks.
Avoiding something because you may not do well in it is not going to lead you a career as a successful surgeon. The trick then is to figure out how to get the marks you want. Read ahead. Manage your time effectively. Study hard. Learn how you learn. Learn successful test strategies.
 
You will be better off studying for human biology and forgoing the general biology portion if you are concerned about marks.